Leica spotting scope?

Do not currently own one yet. But have used a number of them, all with 45 degree eyepieces, in highpower matches out to 1000 yards. Extremely clear optics. One of the top line products for sure. There are maybe 3-4 top end scopes in highpower and this is one. I have 2 of the other brands. FWIW I'm saving to buy Leica as soon as I can afford it.

I don't think you can go wrong with it at all.

Jeff

Do some shopping. I think you can find it for a better price. Other than that, very good choice. fatrooster.

o.k., i admit it, i'm stupid....would someone here please 'steer' me to the new 'optics' forum...i can't find it....much appreciated...

littlefoot, go to "Message Board Main Page", and scroll down under the "Photography" forum where it says "Optics and Hunting Gear". It seems to be taking off pretty well. See you there, fatrooster.

my buddy has the 77 and its a really nice and clear scope,, you can see for miles with that thing very clear and sharp as well.....c bryant

I have a Leica 77 and love it! It is longer and bulkier than the new small version but also lets in more light. It is worth its weight in gold to me. I wouldn't buy the angled lens just because you have to have your head above to scope to look into it. If you are hunting antelope and other game where you don't want to skyline yourself it wouldn't be good.

Actually with the angled head you can view it from the side or even bottom. Folks just don't think about how to use it well. You can extend it up over the ridge and lay under it viewing everything without exposing more than the scope. Exposing less than even a straight eyepiece would of your head.

Jeff

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom