Let’s play again…

Gone forever...
(Could regret it later... nice buck)
*Also depends on how many days I've hunted.

Ok I’ll be the first, I’m shooting. I haven’t killed a 190” buck and he might not be one either. I think he’s 180+, frame looks boxy, forks look symmetrical and has some mass. I don’t think he’s especially tall but I like the look.

He gets a walk from me today. 1st off its not a 190" and to me it looks like a bush or branches are partially In the way on vitals lower right cant be 100% sure so 🤷‍♂️
I shoot him tomorrow 😂😂

Looks like a righteous deer hunting day and I like head shots. I think through my scope with my skills it’s an easy track job

It’s hypothetical not real life settle down huh
I knew it was hypothetic, but I wanted to point out the risks this situation presented. If you are willing to take this risky shot based on the size of the antlers which you can't even determine, I'd advise you to retake the hunter safety course! You're not the only one who's hunting this deer. Additionally, he's now staring at you with his ears flared and any movement (or noise) you make won't be fast enough for a good shot.

Last edited:
It does not look like a safe shot. Hard to be sure of your target. There could be other deer in front or behind this buck. Wait for snow to let off or find him another time or day.

A9A86E71-D7A1-48C9-87E2-EA237E2BE156.jpeg
17E8AE77-AD83-4141-B3B6-F5F48B0EACA7.jpeg
4757994E-420D-47A2-8345-D21C7A113AFC.jpeg

The buck just cracked 200”. 30.5” wide, I got 201.25” taxi got 202.5”.

My goal for the hunt was 180” or a mature deer that was big regardless of inches. It was a tall order for the unit, honestly I was pretty sure I’d eat the tag. When we killed this buck we had no idea he was giant. Lots of wow when I walked up to him on the ground.

View attachment 130445View attachment 130446View attachment 130447

My goal for the hunt was 180” or a mature deer that was big regardless of inches. It was a tall order for the unit, honestly I was pretty sure I’d eat the tag. When we killed this buck we had no idea he was giant. Lots of wow when I walked up to him on the ground.
I recognized that deer from your initial post so it was unfair of me to respond. That said, I wonder how many 200" deer get a pass because a hunter doesn't get a good look at them. I know I almost did on my best buck.
Great buck berry!

View attachment 130445View attachment 130446View attachment 130447

Was he shot at the time and place and angle you show in the opening post?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom