Let the games begin,,,,

just doing a little wishful thinkin,it's great to be positive....I feel a tag coming on....no,no,,,,ah , yeah , never mind, definately a tag comin....

I am getting a tag too! I'm just wondering if I'll get my 1st, 2nd or 3rd choice.

"BIG-GAME LICENSE DRAWING RESULTS AVAILABLE WEDNESDAY

SANTA FE -- Hunters who applied for New Mexico 2011-2012 deer, elk, antelope, ibex, javelina, bighorn sheep and Barbary sheep licenses can see if they made the drawing "lucky list" Wednesday, June 8, on the Department of Game and Fish website, www.wildlife.state.nm.us.

Hunters who were successful in the drawings will be mailed licenses and carcass tags according to species. Unsuccessful applicants will receive refunds for prepaid license fees -- by check if the application was on paper, or by credits to credit cards if payment was online.

The Department received 141,462 applications for about 65,500 licenses, an increase of 8,701 applications ? 8,179 residents and 522 nonresidents -- from the previous year.

This was the second year the Department began requiring all applicants to pay the full license fees at the time of application. Previously, only those who submitted paper applications were required to submit full upfront payments, and online applicants were only charged the application fee upfront, with their credit cards charged for the license fee only if they were successful in the drawing.

More than 80 percent of this year's applicants took advantage of the Department's online application process, which was first offered in 2004.

Hunters wishing to check their drawing results can log in to their account on the Department website, www.wildlife.state.nm.us. Hunters also can check their results in person by visiting Department offices in Santa Fe, Albuquerque, Raton, Roswell and Las Cruces. Results will be available June 22 by telephone at (505) 476-8000."

Guess all the angry NR decided to put in! NR up by 522-applicants. Good luck all!

>just like little kids on Christmas
>eve...

Exactly like kids on Christmas eve! After drawing only a bow antelope tag last year, this year is already better! Got a offrange December oryx hunt already, and I got a feeling NM will be gooder yet to me this year. I can smell the green!!!

Iam superstitious have to post something for good luck. I hope to grab just one or both elk and deer. My old man has finally recovered from Triple bypass and ready to hit the mountains. Good luck to everyone. ALL OUT OF TAG SOUP THIS YEAR :)

Well if I wasn't nervous enough already, I have to complete with an additional 8,000+ applicants this year...so much for a down economy and pay up front fees eh?

Maybe lots of NRs trying to pull a tag before the new tag allocations next year. Hopefully that weeds a few out and I'll be able to draw.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom