Lets play a game!

B

bullwidgeon

I havent been deer hunting for awhile and I am stuck at work on a holiday week and I am bored so how about a little game? You guys try to guess the score on this lion killed buck. The winner gets to know where he was found and can try to kill the lion that is eating all these nice bucks ;-)!

lionkill11.jpg

lionkill12.jpg

lionkill13.jpg

lionkill14.jpg

I havent measured him yet, I guess we will go for gross typical B&C score as I am not a good scorer and dont want to deal with deductions and all that. Good luck!!!

Bret Mattausch

Oh Yeah, That is a real 12 inch long official ruler...No special ruler or centimenters or anything.

Man, nobody is putting the BIGEYE on anything around here are they! I will remeasure it again and post the results tonite or tomorrow. You guys are making me feel even more unsure about my scoring ability ;-). How many mass measurements does a coues buck like this get? 4 of theM right? Bases, past the eyegaurds, past the G2 and half way between G3 and beam tip? Or do I have that wrong? Thanks guys....

Bret M.

Ok my uneducated guess would be like 105 1/4 but I'm definately not good at scoring these things.

Tagline

Well, I like the 102 range, but since we already have an offer there, I'll take 101 and change.

Ghost Hunter

He is a beautiful deer but his tines kill his score in my opinion. I'll guess right at 91 if its not already taken. I am probably way off though. Its darn tougn to look at a pic and judge these things. No depth perception. Oh, hell, I'm just making excuses. I hope yall have the best of Thanksgivings, Drummond
PS, I have something I am dying to tell yall about a possible ranch aquisition in Sonora for Coues and turkey but I will know more in a couple of days. I'll let yall know then.

I want to go with 88 inches but I has been taken so I'll take the long shot and go with an even 90. He looks alot like a buck I shot a couple years ago. That buck is from unit 32? Mine was 31. Anyways Judging from pics is hard but we are probably all pretty close in the ball park.

99 3/8 but I have not seen very many coues up here in Utah. J/K
Just a guess. I would be happy with one like that.

81...i think mid-80's is stretching it...he's a nice buck, but not a book buck! Not slamming him at all, heck I've never hunted them...but I would say 81ish!

Scott G.

I say 89- 4/8". Can't wait to hear the official/unofficial score. His net is going to be 4-5" less than the gross in my opinion. Nice buck but lacking tine length. Good inside spread.

Ed, www.swhounds.com

97 gross the first time I measured. 96 1/8 the next time. The buck is a unit 33 buck. Ed is right he nets out 4 to five inches less due to deductions. You would get a net score of 91-92 on this deer. He was found way up high on the West face of the Catalinas. I think he gross scored better than he looked because his mass measurments. Honest 4 inch plus bases and heavy beams help a buck score better in my opinion. His 15 7/8 beam and 16 inch beam helped too. We hadn't seen a buck this big in there for years when we found this one. We thought the gene pool was chingered or maybe the older bucks had all vacated for a different area. Sometimes you get tired of looking at the same class of 70 inch 3 pointers for an entire hunt. It is nice to know some still get big in there. I think the lion took advantage of this guy during the rut. I imagine if it is easier for us to kill them during the rut, then the lions probably have a hey day with them as well. Thanks for playing and good luck to everyone.
Bret M.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom