Let's see some 2nd season Colorado bucks!

My son got this one 10/29/23..public land southern CO

IMG_5908.jpeg

I saw a couple today in the back of pickups…
It used to be common, to see lots of racks headed out of Colorado this time of year.
Now it's noteworthy, for several reasons, to see "a couple in the back of pickups".
I hope some found success, but I have at least one friend that came home with his tag in his pocket.

One of the biggest reasons that you’re not seeing a lot of deer in the back of pick up trucks like you used to is because nobody is cleaning the skulls before they leave the state and they’re hiding them under their tauno covers….
OR in their camper shell or the back of their jeep?;)

Spent 7 days looking for a hammer buck. Finally found one….. 1/2 mile onto some desolate chevron property. Spent half the day trying to contact someone at Chevron hahaha. As you can imagine, it was a long shot. I had to walk away unfortunately. Didn’t punch my tag. Figured he just about net 180”

IMG_9973.png

IMG_9975.png

Spent 7 days looking for a hammer buck. Finally found one….. 1/2 mile onto some desolate chevron property. Spent half the day trying to contact someone at Chevron hahaha. As you can imagine, it was a long shot. I had to walk away unfortunately. Didn’t punch my tag. Figured he just about net 180”

View attachment 125401
View attachment 125402
Good job turning him up! Beautiful buck hopefully he passes on some good genes, what would you have told the chevron folks? I would have gone with the fact that I’m a loyal share holder… so I should be allowed to hunt haha

Good job turning him up! Beautiful buck hopefully he passes on some good genes, what would you have told the chevron folks? I would have gone with the fact that I’m a loyal share holder… so I should be allowed to hunt haha
Haha I was legit just going to tell them I found a big buck on one of their remote properties and want to go kill it. I didn’t have much else to say haha. Ended up finding out that they don’t even really let employees hunt the properties.

Haha I was legit just going to tell them I found a big buck on one of their remote properties and want to go kill it. I didn’t have much else to say haha. Ended up finding out that they don’t even really let employees hunt the properties.
Ah shoot, would be a heck of an incentive to work or invest with them if they allowed it.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom