Lets see the bird dogs

lchcguide

Since I love my dog, I decided to share him with everyone. I would also like to see all the other bird dogs out there.

This is my two year old spoiled rotten black lab, Doc. Best friend in the whole wide world.

46b4e76732603c6f.jpg

Not exactly bird dogs but...

left to right: My wife's female choc that was bred to COSA's Reggie dog last fall, their son and their daughter. Great family dogs but I don't really bird hunt.

46b52bde68ec161e.jpg

Good idea for a post in the dog days before deer season gets rollin.........and there's some great lookin dogs posted so far....

Here's a pic of a dog with a great nose, attitude, heart and disposition. My hunting companion of 13 years, "Calibur", who we very sorrowfully had to let go of this past spring. RIP, Cali......

171Calibur_Lockwood_Valley_Quail2a_10-26-03.jpg

On a happier note, here's a pic taken two weeks ago of my next bird dog (the one on the right with it's front paw extended) that I'll be pickin up in about 4 more weeks........yep, another shorthair.......

PuppyAv1.JPG

Carl,
Great looking dogs, That one in the middle really brings back some puppy memories. Reggie's starting to get a little grey on the chim now, but has yet to slow down at all.

errrrr. errrrrr rowf rwof.

The best hunting dog is the one bringing the bird back to me.

My brother in laws is okay.

He is definatly "solid." When I tell people I have a lean 95 pound lab they always give me that look like, Yeah right, I've heard that before.

He has never pulled me out before, but he has taken my feet out from under me...a couple times!

Here's my 3 year old chocolate female and my wifes male pup when he was 4 months old, he's now 8 months. My female completed her jr hunt title this year, four tests four passes. The pup is out of the Jazztime line.
AlleyandHarley.jpg

Wes

good to see all the dogs. thanks for sharing all the pics. Gotta love mans best friend. Besides they dont talk back.

Here is my 8 year old girl. She is the best and i've never seen another dog with a better nose.

46b85b6022c6a474.jpg

46b85b9c24fd652d.jpg

46b85bd427026e3f.jpg

46b85bf9285139de.jpg

Here is her momma.
46b85c352a5bb808.jpg

here is my dog JULY..springer spaniel!! my best dog in the world! I have 2 Rottweilter but both died of old age...missed them so much!

46b8745c6b98a2f0.jpg

vinihunt

LAST EDITED ON Aug-07-07 AT 08:07AM (MST)[p]A few of Axl from last season. We ended up with 73 duck for the year.
axlandpinny.jpg

Axlwithband.jpg

2006Oct_161resize.jpg

Openingdaybag.jpg

swanday2Large_original.jpg

Love them German Shorthairs. Had a female I hunted with when I was a youngster around Elmo Utah. Then when we moved here to Texas, she hunted quail as good as she did pheasants. great, great dog. Looking at these pics, brought back many fond memories. thanks for pics everyone. great post!

Hey Tex270..........I just got these pics from my breeder yesterday. This is the pup I'll be huntin with for hopefully the next 12 years. She's 4 weeks old now, and comes from a long line of field champions with tons of natural ability. The breeder only sells to bird hunters, these dogs aren't for show.... I got a ton of outstanding references and recommendations that led me to this breeder, including a guide up at the Highland ranch in Oregon. If yer interested in getting one for yourself, he's having another litter in about a month. All of the pups in this litter were sold before they were whelped, to give you an idea of their potential and the respect this breeder has out there.

Consider taking the plunge & get a shorthair, 'cause life is short........

Dang, 4 weeks to pick her up and this pups already tuggin at my heart...think I've been had (but in a good way.....). Hope I don't spoil her too bad....... :)

female1_8-6-07_2_.jpg

Female1_8-6-07_2_2_.jpg

from left to right is midnight, nooner and bailey after a hrad play session.
DSCN2172.jpg

46b9061c029cd0fb.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Aug-07-07 AT 06:50PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Aug-07-07 AT 06:49?PM (MST)

Here is Clamity Jane a couple weeks ago. 11 pups. Then there is Gunsmoke Festus. Have dog will travel

46b911cf26089793.jpg

Rutnbuck

46b9123d272f3adf.jpg

46b922f05a5a15a9.jpg

Not to good of a pic but here is my girl Rylie all 55lbs of her, she may be small but she has the biggest heart in the whole world.....It is funny watching her brig back a goose half her size..

CW

Those are some great action photos. Really liked BlackTimbers pup in the Underdog pose!

This is my 2 year old lab. He's a little knotheaded but is the most athletic dog I've ever seen and is very focused.

46b93854279303d0.jpg

Thank you all for the great photos of your dogs. This is the first time since 92 that I have not had a golden ret. Had to put Barkley down this summer. I have not felt right since. Enjoy those best buddies while you can and have fun hunting those birds!

Congrats on the pup. Great looking pup. I have thought about getting, another. The fire ants here have decimated our quail population, not to mention the hawks,owls,otes,fox,coons,possums,etc. Post some more pics when you get the puppy. Amazing how early they will point a few feathers on a line and moved in front them.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom