Lets see your favorite

Bambistew

Very Active Member
How about posting pictures of your favorite rig, Stock/custom big game, varmint, target, what ever... NO Tikka's please. :)

Right now this is my favorite.

Pre-64 M70 action, bubba-ed into a post 64 Featherweight stock, and bubba-ed post 64 bottom mettal. Its got a 24" Shilen bbl, chambered in 338-06 AI. Right now I'm running 200gr Accubonds with a heavy dose of H4350. I swapped out the scope mounts for Leupy QD's after the picture was taken. Its topped with a VX1 3-9x40. I wish it was about half a pound lighter, but its not to cumbersom.

338-06withnewstock.JPG

It shoots way better than me most days. :)

Can't decide if its going to Africa this spring or if I'll take my 280...

LAST EDITED ON Feb-22-08 AT 05:34PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Feb-22-08 AT 05:30?PM (MST)

LAST EDITED ON Feb-22-08 AT 05:25?PM (MST)

LAST EDITED ON Feb-22-08 AT 05:23?PM (MST)

Here is mine. I just got this a couple of weeks ago. Its a Remington Model 700 Alaskan Ti in 25-06. Has Leupold dual dovetail bases, and a Leupold VX III 3.5-10-40 scope on it. Really likes Federal factory ammo in 100 grain TSX.
Also shoots better than me most days!
I hope to use it this year on a Wyoming antelope!!

Ok, so I'm not smart enough to included a picture but if you could see it its pretty cool!!
image.gif

LAST EDITED ON Feb-22-08 AT 07:21PM (MST)[p]Here is mine. Standard Browning Stainless Stalker in a 7mm that was sent off to Bell and Carlson for a camo dip and maxxguard (duratouch). Topped with a Leupold VXIII 4-14x50 with the BC reticle.

47bf822b7971a49d.jpg

A close runner up is the Browning Ti (270 WSM) I just bought my wife. Topped it with a Leupold VXIII 4-14x40 with a BC reticle. It is a light weight dream!

ODDNUT1
Kirt C.

Kirt,
How much clearance you got from the bottom of the scope and the rifle barrel, looks like it is touching?? Nice setup though.

Brian

It's about an 1/8 of an inch gap (pics doesn't show the gap very well at all). I was worried about it when I mounted it, but hated the high mounts... barely escaped with mediums.

ODDNUT1
Kirt C.

IVAN...I GUESS THAT WOODSTOCKED PRE-64 IS OK, BUT YOU OUGHT TO PUT IT ON E-BAY.....THEN GET A TIKKA T-3 & GET HAPPY. HE-HE......HAPPY HUNTING.....YD.

I ADMIT ...I'VE GOT AN OLD PRE64 .270 MYSELF. STILL FUN TO SEE IVAN GET HIS PANTIES IN A WAD NOW & THEN OVER THESE TIKKA'S........YD.

300 Rem ultra mag with a nightforce 5.5-22x56. Had tony Applegate from Boise airbrush the design!! He is awesome!! Just told him I wanted an american flag theme,,, and this is what he did. hope the pic post,, this is my first time uploading a photo.
Brian

My favorite rifle made for me a long time ago by a Master Gunsmith over in Okinawa back in the late 60's. A Belguim Mauser in 7x57mm and extensive engraving and a beautifly piece of AAA Walnut.
I retired it back in the early 90's, but just might ake it out one of these years for another hunt.
Brian

47c3037b647950d5.jpg

This used to be my favorite rifle. She's the first and LAST rifle I've ever sold (financial difficulty):

Ruger M77 MKII chambered for 300 WSM...I miss her
300WSMFullStanding.jpg

But my new beauty is a Marlin 1895 chambered for 45-70 Gov't
IM000849.jpg

"Guess what? I got a fever! And the only prescription is MORE COWBELL!!!" ~Bruce Dickinson~

>Darned neat stuff,
>Tony, how do you like your
>Burris ??
>
>Larry

No complaints! I really, really like the ballistic plex reticle.

Whatever is on my tag at the time is my favorite!

Rifle season: Remington LTR 300 SAUM Docter 3x10 scope.
Picture457.jpg

Muzzleloader season: Knight Super DISC .45 Burris 1x scope
Picture455.jpg

Archery Season: Bowtech Allegiance
Picture458.jpg

Here is my old favorite. A Mod 70 Classic SS in Ottersix. She plain loves 180gr Hornadys over lots of R22.

IM002039.jpg

Here on the other hand, is my new favorite. A Stainless Mountain in .243. I can't get over how much lighter it is than the old mod 70, and it is by no means heavy. The truth be known, I picked this one up for hunting coyote. The mod 70 is still my #1 deer rifle.

100_0031.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom