bearman

VIA E-MAIL
Ken Mayer, Acting Director
Nevada Department of Wildlife
1100 Valley Road
Reno, Nevada 89512
Subject : Wayne E. Kirch Nevada Wildlife Conservation Award
Dear Mr. Mayer:
It is with great sadness and disappointment that I must demand that the 2010 Wayne E. Kirch Nevada Wildlife Conservation Award not be issued in the name of my father, Wayne E. Kirch.
On December 2, 2010, I wrote a letter to the Nevada Board of Wildlife Commissioners expressing my serious concerns over the changes to the voting process brought about by this Commission. In my letter I requested that the perpetual award displayed in the offices of the Nevada Department of Wildlife bearing my father?s name be withheld until a more just method of judging this award could be promulgated and that the annual individual award that I provide every year also be withheld.
After reviewing the nominations I was concerned. After reviewing the ballots, especially those of the Commissioners, I have decided that I cannot in good conscience, allow my father?s name to be associated with the current process of voting on this award.
On December 6, 2010, I received a letter from Commissioner Gerald Lent in response to my letter. I will not comment on the letter other than to say that Commissioner Lent indicated that if I did not want my father?s name on the award that I could ?request? that it be removed.
In the interest of protecting my father?s good name and reputation for ethical conduct in the preservation and conservation of Nevada?s wildlife resources I must demand that my father?s name no longer be associated the either the 2010 perpetual award or the 2010 annual award or any future years awards, at least until such time as a fair, just, and independent process can be put in place to assure that this award goes to the most deserving individual. It is not my intent to impact those Wayne E. Kirch Nevada Wildlife Conservation Award recipients prior to 2010.
If the current process is allowed to continue I fear that this most prestigious of conservation awards will be lost to the political whims of the Commission and become meaningless. I will not allow mine nor my father?s name to be associated with such a political award.

Sincerely,

Marlene J. Kirch

I have one more letter from the Governor to Scott Raine and the rest of the wildlife commissioners. It states if they take any vote on the heritage fund money before he says they can they will be removed immediately. We may get rid of this commission yet!

Board of Wildlife Commissioners, Chairman
90 Nob Hill Avenue
P.O. Box 812
Eureka, NV 89316
Dear Chairman Raine,
As you know, on January 3,2011, the Governor signed Executive Order 2011-01
(?the order?), establishing a freeze on all proposed regulations, with limited exceptions.
The order further requires regulatory bodies seeking to move forward with a proposed
regulation to present the Governor with a report articulating the theory under which the
regulation falls within one of the enumerated exceptions.
On January 12, 2011, Director Mayer submitted to this office a list of proposed
regulations set to come before the Wildlife Commission for a vote on February 4,2011.
Included among these was a proposed regulation enacting changes to the Heritage Fund
trust account application process. On January 24, 2011, I corresponded with Director
Mayer, informing him that all of the proposed regulations submitted for consideration
under the exceptions to the freeze were approved for action except the proposed changes
to the trust account application process. This regulation does not fall within any of the
exceptions, and therefore it may not be acted upon.
On January 31, 2011, I received notice of your intent to move forward with the
consideration of the changes to the trust account application process over the directive of
the Governor. I am writing to inform you that the Governor will consider a vote on the
proposed regulation changing the trust account application process to be an action in
violation of his order of January 3, 2011 as reiterated by my communication with
Director Mayer and could result in appropriate action, including the removal of any
board member who votes on the item for ?just cause.? See NRS 501.172 (authorizing
removal of a member of the Commission for ?just cause?). Please inform your fellow
The proposed regulation is attached in draft form.
commissioners accordingly. If you have any questions related to this matter, contact me
as soon as possible.
Sincerely,
?
Lucas M. Foletta
General Counsel
Office of the Governor
State of Nevada
Phone: (775) 684-5774
Attachment
Ir
cc: Dr. Gerald A. Lent, Vice Chairman
Daryl Cappuro, Commissioner
Thomas Cavin, Commissioner
Charles Howell, Commissioner
Michael McBeath, Commissioner
Hal Shruni, Commissioner
Henry Vogler, Commissioner
Grant Wallace, Commissioner
Ken Mayer, Secretary
Bryan Stockton,

bearman when or if do you expect to hear back from Mr. Mayer?
Things are about to get exciting here pretty soon.

I wonder what the next press release re: Fredi is going to say?

Maybe something such as Current Wildlife Commissioners change Judging Rules so they can give the Kirch Award to the LEAST Deserving.

Those boys should be ashamed of themselves and Cecil deserves the embarrassment of putting the cart before the horse.

Alex

OK guys, I'm not familiar with Fredi, so what is the gripe? I read the article and the last line that says he is the founder of "Hunters Alert" or something like that. From the article it sounds like he's doing good stuff. So please fill in the blanks. fatrooster.

Fatrooster, you would have to go to the state wildlife meeting to understand. He and his group are from Las Vegas and have no clue about wildlife. He grew up with our old Governor Gibbons and was put on the wildlife board with all his followers. Ever since he has been on, they wont do anything the public wants. Every county game board will vote one way and the commission will go against every game board and every person at the meeting. He has stopped sheep transplants that had already been passed and had been planed to take place. He stopped all elk population increases. To sum it up he goes against the wishes of true sportsmen for hes own agenda. Now that we have a good Governor in office his time is coming to an end. Don't believe the Elko paper they have someone in there printing their lies. Very misleading to the public that doesn't go to the meetings and see the truth. You should go and see when the whole room stands up and applauds against him. He would be the same as Obama and his heath care plan.

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom