Leupold Cascade Binos

Wiszard

Long Time Member
I am planning on buying a new pair of binos and have read all the reviews on Cabelas. These binos get great reviews. Have any of you used the 10x42's? Thanks

i just bought a pair of nikon monarchs in 10x42. it came down between them and the cascade, i tried both out and really thought they were good binoculars for the price, and could hardly tell a difference between the two. the nikons just happened to be 80 dollars cheaper here so i went with them, but i think i would have been really happy with the cascades also.

randy

I have a pair of Cascades and love them! For the price, weight, and quality, I couldn't resist. I've had them for about 7 years. This last year the "hinge" loosened up a little. I sent them back to Leupold, and they sent me a brand new pair. The Nikons aren't too bad of a glass either.

I have a pair of Wind Rivers for about 10 years and 4 years after I had them they started to not focus very well. I sent them back and they fixed them for free. No questions asked. Their guarantee on optics can't be beat in my opinion. I think I will buy the Cascades.

I've had a pair of the Wind Rivers also for about 5 years. The only problem I had is with the stupid eye cups not locking in place. I think the new ones twist now like all the others. I would highly recomend them for that $300 price range bino.

I just got done going through the process of getting a new set of Bino's. My two final choices were the Leupold Cascades and the Nikon Monarchs. From what I was able to gather both are a very good bino for the price and seem to be each other's equal. When I went and tried them out both were clear, light and felt good in my hands. Every dealer I talked to had good things to say about both brands and never really gave a personal preference. I ended up going with the Monarchs because I have several hunting buddies that swear by them and they seemed to feel a little more comfortable around my eyes. On the other hand my Dad has always been a huge Leupold guy and I have never heard him complain once about any of his stuff, I know they have great warranties for their optics too. Either way you will be happy with what ever you get!

Jordan

Thanks for the info guys! I think I will be buying the Cascades within the next week or so. Thanks again.

I've had the same problem with my Cascades as PJhntr. The eye cups are held up by resistenace. After you have had them for a while they don't stay up as well. I've had my binos now for about 4 years and I am pulling the eye cups up as often as I am glassing through them. Other then the eye cups they have been a good pair of binos for me. My next set of optics I get will be Cabelas Euros.

400bull

Yeah, the new eye pieces "twist" out. It's a lot better design.

Thanks for clearing that up, Legacy. I was thinking I was going to have to keep searching for my next pair of binos, but I think the cascades are the ones I will go with. If they aren't as good as they should be, Leupolds warranty is so good I can just send them back. That is one of the reasons I always buy Leupold optics. They've got the best policy in the business.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom