LEUPOLD QUESTION???

elkassassin

Long Time Member
On the LEUPOLD VX5 HD 3-15X44 Scopes!

I'm Not a Big Fan of HEAVY Cross Hairs!

Wondering if the Boone & Crockett Version has the Finest Cross Hairs out of the Options?

Thanks!

leupold vx5.jpg

Yeah, I'm not a fan of HEAVY crosshairs either. I had Josh at Leupold put fine X-hairs on a couple of mine with a mil dot and that works for me. Quick acquisition.

They Look Perty Damn Heavy in the Pics?

The B&C Cross Hairs look to be the Finest in the Pics but I Don't know?

If this was a noob coming on here with a question about that scope on a muzzleloader, he would get tossed on the bbq for a while.

I have two rifles with VX-3 and B&C reticles. I like the B&C personally. On my 6.5 cm sighted in at 200 the first line down is only 2" off at 300 and the tip of the lower post hits a 8" steel at 500 yards every time I have tried it.

Bess,
I have a couple of the exact same scopes with the windplex and yes, those are heavier in the center than some but not objectionable at all.
I've used then both extensively on prairie dogs, coyotes, antelope, deer and aoudad sheep and they work great.
Combining the CDS and B&C crosshairs seems like teats on a boar, to me but there's probably nothing wrong with that.
I really like the B&C if a guy doesn't have the turret.

Zeke

I don't think it will matter to much once you turn the power up. I like the B&C if you don't have time to dial just use those hash marks.

i really like the duplex cross hairs in my VX6. they don't appear heavy at all while shooting even at 800+ yards

If your gun is zeroed at current hunting conditions. B&C can be the difference between a buck getting over a ridge or not. If ya shoot them reference lines a lot and get used to them. Great tool!!! If have time to dial run the turret.

If your gun is zeroed at current hunting conditions. B&C can be the difference between a buck getting over a ridge or not. If ya shoot them reference lines a lot and get used to them. Great tool!!! If have time to dial run the turret.
This. mtmuley

Bess,
I have three VX-5s 3-15X44 but they are all windplex reticles. The interesting thing is one has finer crosshairs than the other two. The fine crosshair version is the oldest one which makes me wonder if Leupold changed things. I actually find the heavier crosshairs easier to see and I don't feel like they are too heavy.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom