Leupold Range Finder

C

canhunter

I tried a RXIII and what a complicated POS for sure. I love Leupold Gold Ring binos and scopes. These things are super complicated to try to learn and keep track of what you are supposed to do. The worst part is your readings if you can get one are a fraction of what it is rated at. I traded mine back in and bought a Leica 1200, and should have started with the Leica. Spend the extra money, and even if Leupold can fix the ability to obtain a reading it is way to cluttered and complicated.

I have 2 friends that have tried them and they both echo your sentiments, they too sent them back.

I bought A new rx-1 model took it on a late season hunt in a little cold weather maybe 10-20 f. little fog and had nothing but problems. false readings all day long I had deer in front of me at 60-70 yards and finder would not pick them up but the guys with me had older bushnells theirs worked fine.got rid of it.buying a leica!

JUNK!!!!!!!!

I use the Leica LRF800 it works good, but it's a little uncomfortable to use.

I am hearing great things about the Swaravski, might have to give one a try.

I bought the RXIII and love it. You need to take a few minutes to go through the operators manaual and practice with it for about an hour. Once you figure out how the thing works it only takes about 30 seconds to program (you would want to do this before you go hunting). After its programmed just push the range button like any other range finder.

The only complant I have is that when you go through to program it, you have to change the site reticle before it well let you finish the program mode. I did struggle for a little bit on how to change the rifle ballistics around. The book doesn't explain how the "A" "B" "C" settings work really well. Once I figured these two things out, it was a piece of cake.

I haven't had any trouble ranging out to 700 yards to a non-reflective target.

OK so why go throuh all the garbage to get a reading? Pick up a Leica push the button and get reading. The last thing I want to worry about is if everything is "set" right. It does not take a rocket scientist to know you always hold low on steep up hill or down hill shots.

I bought mine last august used it archery season and was very disapointed!!way too comlicated and not accurate at all a true POS for sure.Sending it back in the next couple weeks.

I received one(rxiii) for fathers day last year so I had a lot of time to play with it untill hunting season. It worked great. I took it bow hunting for bighorns and loved the TBR reading for the steep up/down hill. Used it in MT for antalope, no problems and used it in W. Washington for elk (lots of rain) again no problems. Now, while visiting a friend with a sporting goods store he mentioned how he could'nt get the ones in the store to work. I grabed them both went out side and could'nt get a reading off of any thing! I cant explain why mine work and the other two could'nt read a building 100 yards away!!!! I love mine.

Leupold has killer customer support. Contact them and see what they have to say.

-Lowedog

I learned the hard way... I use Leupold rifle scopes on my guns but when it comes to a rangefinder I had to go through a few before I bought a Leica. Simply stated you point it, push the button and it works.. EVERYTIME. Low light, bright light, damn near pitch black they work. Can't say enough good things about mine. Spend the extra money.. You won't regret it.

Got a RX-IV from cabelas, spent several hours with the manual practicing all the features, seemed to work OK. Took it hunting and it was no good. Wouldn't read past 300-400 off any kind of a target, took up to 4 seconds after multiple times pressing the button to register, wouldn't turn back on after it automatically timed out, ....by the end of a week wouldn't turn on at all, even with two different new batteries. Should of sent it back to cabelas but instead sent it to leupold, the tech called me, I explained the problems, and several days later got a new one in the mail. It turns on and functions properly but still delays at least a couple of seconds before registering a reading, and the furthest i have ever got a reading even off the side of a building is in the 600 yard range. The thing is supposed to read 1200 yards or something. Do all range finders have that long of delay after you push the button before the reading comes up? Now how do I get rid of it? Will cabelas take it back after 6 months? I am ready to buy a leica, or swaro or maybe even a nikon sounds better?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom