Leupold rx-1000i vs nikon riflehunter 1000: HELP

hjbuys

Just can't seem to decide between the two and would love some input from anyone who has used either or both of them. Thanks!

Anything other than Leupold, which is surprising. Normally their stuff is pretty good. I have a Bushnell Scout 1000 with ARC, so far I like it. If I didn't have the Bushnell I would own a Nikon.
WVBOWAK

Sorry guys been scouting and packing gear!

I have a RxIII its a little older but my guides who have gotten demos and test models from Leupold have all had some of the same issues, 400-500max reads... drop me a email off my site or try to PM me, i would be happy to sell it, been sitting in a box for 3 years.

www.200inches.com

I would go with anything but the leupold if you are looking for something to use for long range rifle shooting.

I have the Leupold 750. Have a hard time with it reading much over 250 yards on targets such as antelope where the terrain is flat. It works better when shooting against a distant hillside but when out in the flats it is pretty useless.

I use mine mostly for archery and muzzy hunting since I don't like to shoot over 350 yards with a rifle anyway and my .300 RSAUM will hit within 3.5" high/low of aiming point out to 300 yards.

I really like Leupold's products with the exception of their rangfinders.

Thanks to those who posted a reply. I ended up buying both off of Amazon (can't beat the easy returns and free two day shipping). After spending some time with both rangefinders, I ended up picking the Nikon. They both had things that I liked, but in the end the larger field of view on the Nikon along with the $60 less in price tipped me in the Nikon's favor. I felt that both had comparable optics and certainly sufficient for ranging. The display was better in the leupold, but adequate in the Nikon. In dim light, the orange lit reticle of the nikon certainly bled through the rest of the display, but you could still see the target, so I decided it didn't much matter. The Leupold also felt to have a more rugged build and a better clasp system on the case, but the case was a little too snug and made it difficult to get it out with one hand. The Nikon has a snap case, which could be noisy, but was easy to remove with one hand.
As for actual rangefinding, my test was limited to my neighborhood, but I found both to be very quick and able to range out to ~500 yards (all that I had available). Anyway, I think both would do the job, but the Nikon won out for me.

Thanks again for your help.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom