Leupold RX-1000i vs Nikon riflehunter 1000: HELP

hjbuys

Been going back and forth on which to buy and just can't seem to come to a decision. Any help from those of you who have used either or both of these rangefinders would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

The Nikon is hands down a better rangefinder hard to beat that rangefinder for the price.....

I've owned both. Nikon is much simpler to use, faster and better price. The Leupold is made for a rifle and at the close range of archery, hard to get the focus to work properly as well as it is too complicated to use and extrememly slow in the calculations. I used the Leupold for 1 day at a 3-d shoot and took it back to Cabella's on the way home and bought the Nikon.

If you visit the "bowsite.com" and do a search, you will find that the majority of those that bought the Leupold returned them. A few have liked them... very few. For a gun hunter, I think they work okay.

I have the 2010 model of the RX 1000 tbr. It works like a champ. Its super easy to set up and allows a ton more light in than the Nikon (brighter). I was debating between the nikon and Leupold. the RX 1000 beat nikon hands down in all aspects. If youre worried about the price of the RX 1000i, check out the 1000 tbr... the complaints concerning the Leupold arent the most accurate but thats the experience that particular person had. Ive never had an issue with mine. Its solid aluminum and doesnt feel cheaply made like the nikon or bushnell rangefinders. go check em out side by side. look through the rf in all lighting situations in the store. just like choosing a bow, pick the one that suits you the best. there are tons of opinions on MM and alot of people have blinders on and arent open to other opinions or help.

If you get a chance check out the OptiLogic Micro II, I like mine alot better than any of the Nikon or Bushnell rangefinders I've used in the past. It's smaller, lighter weight, has built in angle compensation and a RED led readout...Great little rangefinder.

Black Gold Bowsights Staff, John's Customs ProStaff
Owner FatBoyzArchery & dealer for= Black Gold sights, TrophyTaker, Doinker, Harvest Time Archery, Tight Spot Quivers and alot of other stuff.

Love my Rifle Hunter 1000...

Works great. Specs say down to 11 yards.. But I can get down to 10 yards with it.

I have always used Nikon. Decided to try the Leupold..not sure why...a week later I returned it and got the Nikon, which I should have done in th first place.

Mathews Z7
Easton FMJ 340
Sure Loc Single pin
TEAM RAMROD

Thanks to those who posted a reply. I ended up buying both off of Amazon (can't beat the easy returns and free two day shipping). After spending some time with both rangefinders, I ended up picking the Nikon. They both had things that I liked, but in the end the larger field of view on the Nikon along with the $60 less in price tipped me in the Nikon's favor. I felt that both had comparable optics and certainly sufficient for ranging. The display was better in the leupold, but adequate in the Nikon. In dim light, the orange lit reticle of the nikon certainly bled through the rest of the display, but you could still see the target, so I decided it didn't much matter. The Leupold also felt to have a more rugged build and a better clasp system on the case, but the case was a little too snug and made it difficult to get it out with one hand. The Nikon has a snap case, which could be noisy, but was easy to remove with one hand.
As for actual rangefinding, my test was limited to my neighborhood, but I found both to be very quick and able to range out to ~500 yards (all that I had available). Anyway, I think both would do the job, but the Nikon won out for me.

Thanks again for your help.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom