leupold scope custom reticle

huntermick

Has anybody had Leupold install a customer reticle in there Leupold scope this is for long range shooting. Its a BDC 3 dot sytems.Please let me know what you think of it I have 2 scopes I was think about having it put on 1== is a 3+9+40 mill-- other is 4+12+ 50 mill .

I had it done on 2 different VX3 3.5x10x40 scopes, I'm lucky in that I live about 20 minutes from Leupold and can just drop them off.
Do I like them? Sort of, the ones I had done look like their Long Range duplex reticle, except I have an extra dot and the dots are set up for a specific caliber & load, which is what I don't like. The one if have left, its on my 280Rem and is set up for 140 grain ammo, so you can't change bullets or rifles and have the dots still come out right. Since they came out with the LRD I've went with that set-up on all my other rifles and really prefer it over the Custom Shop one.

I would get the elevation turret instead of the dots. If I am correct the dots are only good out to 500yds, and you have to have your scope set on the highest power.

The turrets you can change your loads, and print out a new drop chart. They also work extremely well. We have 5 guns set up with the turrets.

BDC with one crosshair is the only way to have them set up.(Rangefind the animal and turn the knob to that yardage and your ready to shot) I did a 4.5x14x50LR for my 30-378 shooting a 165gr at 3600fps.
But I can only use this bullet at this speed with scope and rifle. But then it the only one that I use for elk and deer. I like the setup.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom