Leupold SX-2 Kenai Spotting Scope

DUKFVR

Anyone tried this scope. Looks to be a new scope with 2 eyepieces. Looking hard at this scope ,but would to find more info on it. THANKS!

My buddy bought one, and I was pretty impressed with it's clarity. The zoom eyepiece is a little narrow for my liking, but the fixed power eyepiece has a good field of vision. He got the scope for around 500. Good scope for the price.

}}-SLIVER-->

I bought one this year. I've only taken it out once so far. I have had a leupold 15-30x 50 for over 10 years now and love it but was looking for something to reach out there a little farther.
The Kenai is very heavy(IMHO)maybe just compared to my compact scope that I'm used to but not too bad to carry with the shoulder strap. The eyepiece lens cap is/was very cheap and does not fit well at all. I lost it on my first trip out but I bought a scope cover that fits it real tight now. I really like the 30x wide angle lens. The 20-60 is pretty good too but it seems to loose it's focus at 55x or get really sensitive at that point buy hey, it's still better than the 30x I'm used to. With it being so heavy, I had to buy a bigger tri pod for it. The one I have for my 15-30x50 compact was too small and lightweight to hold up the heavy Kenai.Both lens seemed to be very clear to look through. So in short, I think it's a good scope for the price (under $800.00) I'm planning using it for all my day hike scouting trips and use my compact for overnighters and packing around during the hunt.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom