Leupold

D

Drakeslayer

I have heard alot about how great Leupold scopes are, but how about there binoculars? Also I have a Leupold VX-1 and i have the option of getting a new scope or a new pair of binoculars what would you suggest i do. Right now i have a pair of redfield 10+50 Binos. Thanks

If I were in your shoes spend the money on binoculars. I have 3 leupold vari X III scopes and they are awesome scopes, however I have looked through the leupold windriver line of binoculars and have not been impressed. The old gold ring binoculars were very good, however I would go with Nikon Monarch binoculars for about the same price. There is a difference in the vari X I and III's at first and last light. I was a guy who started out with cheap binoculars and have slowly upgraded because I can't hunt without them now. If you aren't using glass you are missing the boat. You can't glass through your scopes, so buy the binoculars. I know in the binocular business you generally get what you pay for.

I would go for the new binos. leupold has the new golden ring binos that are supposed to be pretty good but at $1000 I would pay the difference and get a pair of swarovskis if you are interested in the wind river binos check out the 10x42 pinnacles these are a great bino for the price I have seen these online for less than $400. T.W.

If your looking at binoculars, don't over look the Bruntons. I spent some time with some friends glassing deer one day. One had the Brunton, another a Ziess, and another Swarovskis. The Bruntons presented every bit as good of an image as the other two. Pretty good glass. They were running about $450 at the time.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom