Levitating arrow rest

Cass

Very Active Member
invent_arrow_artbbig.jpg

http://www.popsci.com/scitech/article/2007-05/invention-awards-levitating-arrow-rest

-Cass

That rest came out a few years ago. Much fanfare at the time, but the fact that I have not heard much since makes me question how good they really were.

It was probably a good idea, I just think it appears gimmicky and you cant shoot arrows without the metal insert to make them levitate. Besides any well tuned drop away rest is only in contact with the arrow for a few inches, how much speed are you gaining by eliminating that 1 or 2 inches?

Not just a metal insert, but you also must have steel in it somewhere, as aluminum does not respond to a magnet.

Well why would anyone want to trust their bows accuracy to an arrow that doesn't start out at the same level with each shot. You move it moves more. The wind blows it continues to move until it settles down. You pluck with your release and it moves again. Arhery accuracy is based on consistancy and your arrow starting out at exactly the same height and distance from your bow are paramount in this equation. Leave levitation to David Copperfield but trust your bows accuracy to a well designed rest and you'll shoot better.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom