license fee increase

Whiterock

Very Active Member
Anyone hear if the license fee increase was passed this week ? I heard they were to decide on it this week.

The regulation was already approved. I assume any "passage" would just be a rubber stamp without dicussion or debate.

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

LAST EDITED ON Jan-23-14 AT 02:44PM (MST)[p]I heard today from Parks and wildlife that the 2014 NR cow elk tag will be $451.

It was fun while it lasted but with the cow price increase,I will wait till I draw a bull tag for another 150 bucks.

>Sweet!!! hoping it boost my odds
>to more than the 50/50
>chance I had.

Nah. They are cutting the tags back! So you will be lucky to maintain 50/50. Or not. Depends on how short they are on the budget when they get around to setting the cow quota...

As for me, I like Whiterock will probably get a bull/either sex tag, so there will be more bull hunters in the woods! But do know several guys who normally would be getting a cow tag who won't be going at all. :(

txhunter58

Yep here you go, across the board license fee increases for non residents on all species,
But you now get a free fishing license with that big game license, and CPW gets over a million dollars in new revenues from the Pittman - Robertson taxes and Dingle - Johnson taxes.
Plus any non resident who applies for a preference point only will now pay $40 to do so

http://wildlife.state.co.us/SiteCollectionDocuments/DOW/Hunting/HunterEd/HuntPlanner.pdf

Interesting that we will now get an annual fishing license. Threw us a bone there!

But I don't see where they went up on the PP fee to $40. Where did you read that? Not that it affects me as I have never paid one yet.

txhunter58

January commission meeting agenda

Big game regulations - approved - page 20

bb. In addition to the $3 application fee, an unsuccessful applicant
(except youth as defined by 33-4-117 C.R.S., lifetime license
holders, and Colorado resident military personnel on active duty
outside Colorado), or one who applies using a first choice hunt code
established for the purpose of accumulating a preference point only,
for deer, elk, pronghorn or bear will be assessed a $25 40 fee ($30
for resident deer and pronghorn) to receive a preference point unless
they have purchased one of the following: an annual license (fishing
(including free senior annual), small game or resident combination
small game/fishing license, furbearer) for the year previous to which
they are seeking a preference point; any big game license for the
previous year or a current draw license for the species for which they
are seeking a preference point. The $25 fee, per species, shall
entitle the hunter to preference points for any unsuccessful deer, elk,
pronghorn or bear application in that year

the $25 is crossed out in both references - it didn't come through on the paste

Had an employee tell me there will be as much as a 30% reduction in tag numbers in some units ,but would not say where.That along with the price increase will change things in the draw .

Whiterock that is the same story I've beem told by my local CPW biologist. They are at objective with the elk heard and numerous cuts will be made to tag numbers.

"Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway."

Will there be an announcement or public information disseminated that indicate the 2014 tag numbers prior to the application deadline?

No, they don't even set the numbers until May (after they have a chance to evaluate the winter mortality)

txhunter58

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom