License question

DoeNob

I was told somewhere else that Utah changed their law and instead of needing an active license when you apply, you now need an active license when the draw takes place (like AZ).

Can anyone confirm this for me? I have submitted my applications and want to make sure they are not in vain.

Do you have a license?
Utah Code ??? 23-19-1, 23-19-22 and 23-20-3
You must have a current Utah hunting or
combination (hunting and fishing) license
before you can apply for any big game permits,
bonus points or preference points. Licenses are
available at wildlife.utah.gov and from license
agents and Division offices.
Be sure to take a quick look at the date on
your license before you apply for any permits
or points. As long as your license is valid on the
date you submit your application, you don't
have to purchase a new license for the actual
hunt.
For example, assume that your license
expires on June 28, 2015. If you apply before
that date, you do not have to purchase a new
license for your hunt in the fall. All hunting
and combination licenses are valid for 365 days
from the date of purchase.

You only need the license at the time you apply. You need it when you buy an OTC tag as well.

You do not need a valid license any other time as far as obtaining a tag goes

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom