License/tag question

scpaisley

I'm thinking of buying an OTC archery bull elk tag but I'm going on a guided hunt later on. Will my buying the archery tag have any impact on purchasing the landowner voucher later? I can't seem to find much on it.

"Some days its just not worth chewing through the restraints"

I could be wrong when landowner tags are involved, but I don't think you can get 2 bull licenses in the same year. You can get a bull and a cow tag. They consider cow tags "B" licenses.

I was thinking the same thing bit I can't ind anything on it for certain. I suppose I should play it safe and do a cow tag.

"Some days its just not worth chewing through the restraints"

You can't have two bull tags. You can have one "A" tag and one "B" tag, or two "B" tags. Be aware that not all cow tags are "B" tags, but all bull tags are "A" tags. Look in the brochure. It tells you under each hunt code whether it is "A" or "B".

+1. Look in the regulations brochure and be sure that the cow elk OTC archery tag is a "B" tag for the unit you will be hunting in.

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

You can get two or more bull tags BUT only one can be a List A or B license. To get more than one it has to be a list C which constitutes raffles, auctions, depredation tags etc...Standard Landowner tags are not List C licenses unless it is a stated depredation landowner tag.

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

True...I just left out the very remote and unlikely scenarios that 99.9% of hunters are not going to find themselves in. But yes, if you win or buy one of the 4 raffle/auction tags, or find private land to hunt in the eastern half or one of the other depredation areas, then you can have more than one bull tag.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom