Life after DEATH?

muleyman

Very Active Member
Wondering what you guys think about what happens after you pass on?

I know this doesn't have anything to do with hunting, but it's been on my mind for some time now...

muleyman

That may be what happens to your mortal body...But that is only part of the story.

Those are some nasty worms to get inside a vault and casket.:)

'It's all about the gut pile'

INTERESTING QUESTION. ME THINK ITS NOT THE END OF THE LINE AS WE HAVE COME TO KNOW IT...CANT BE. THE REMAINDER OF YOUR VERY BEING HAS A PURPOSE, AND IS STILL AROUND IN A GIVEN CAPACITY/ROLE TO BENEFIT THE OVERALL PLAN. ALOT OF PEOPLE STILL FEEL THE PRESENCE OF DESEASED LOVE ONES, I MET A LADY THAT TALKED TO HER DEAD HUSBAND. SHE STATED HE APPEARED IN HER KITCHEN TO SAY EVERYTHING WOULD BE ALL RIGHT & TO JUST CARRY ON. YES , I THINK WE ALL HAVE A PURPOSE AFTER DEATH. WHO'S TO SAY....BUT THERES GOT TO BE ALOT MORE IN SOME CAPACITY. YD.

I'M HOPEING THERE IS A MULE DEER HEAVAN SOMEWHERE AFTER DEATH!!!

CUZZ I SURE AS HELL HAVEN'T FOUND IT HERE ON EARTH!!!

MAYBE WE CAN ALL GATHER AROUND THE FIRE AT A LATER DATE???

THE ONLY bobcat THINKING YOU ONLY LIVE ONCE,SO LETS HUNT HARD WHILE WE CAN!!!

HEY BOBCAT, YOU WILL BE REINCARNATED AS THE KEEPER OF ALL THE LE ELK PERMITS. NO....YOU CAN NOT HAVE ONE, BUT YOU WILL DECIDE WHO WILL DRAW ONE & WHO WONT. JUST FOR FUTURE REFERENCE I SOLD MY QUAD/ AND I NOW DO HC TUNE UPS MYSELF. JUST THINK OF ALL THE POWER YOU WILL HAVE AS KEEPER OF LE ELK TAGS.....HELL OF A JOB... WHEN WOULD YOU LIKE TO START, !!!!! YD.

One shall be reincanated as a 350" monster muley on huntable public land in Utah!

I imagine its how we live our lives. I believe in God, and believe there is heaven and hell . I can only speak on what I've learned and taken too, so I feel as long as a person accepts Jesus as your savior and do things in life according to Gods words , a person can enter Heaven.Gotta ask for forgiveness and mean it and then turn from it...Man I'm falling short...

Yer essence will float up out of yer body, back up to the mother ship, re-entering yer "containment canister", where you will wait fer yer next assignment...

Oh hell... did I say that out-loud??

We may be at the top of the food chain but we're still just a mammal. when you die you die just like any other living thing, game over.

According to my wife, I will be going to hell to hangout with all my friends! Oh well, atleast I wont be lonely.

Rut

"We may be at the top of the food chain but we're still just a mammal. when you die you die just like any other living thing, game over."

Woof!
Keep a happy thought there, Hdude!

Have no idea what happens after but I drowned in Alaska in the early 80s and it was a really good feeling. No cold, no fear and I was tripping pretty good on my last time to the bottom in old waders when I closed my hand on something and held on. The only other guy on the river cast a spoon with a 15# line and played me to the bank. Pulled me out by may hair and got me puking water. I stripped down and got drunk. I don't worry about dieing much after that. Felt good, no goblins jumping me and no close relatives. Just felt fine.

gleninaz, what? Put the pipe down man. Getting hair pulled, stripping and getting drunk....I say WHAT again! Sounds like a real bad time to me. Are you sure about the order of those events? Either way, glad you enjoyed it. :)

'It's all about the gut pile'

Well since someone brought it up. I know people are having fun with this in their responses, but I will tell you this. I love hunting and it is one of the things I most enjoy to do, but NOTHING is more important to me then eternal life. I hope that someone will click on this link and go through the entire thing and look at it seriously.

I am so serious about this, to put it in hunters terms, I will guide an AZ elk hunt for free to someone who went through the whole thing and contacted me afterwards with any questions or if they wanted to talk about it more. And you would hear from me about it during the entire hunt too! :D

http://www.needgod.com/

Rackem

?Just think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are even stupider!?
~George Carlin

Muleyman, We all think about that stuff once in awhile. We can have alot of fun with joking on this subject, but I do not think you asked this question for the humor this time, but were more on the serious side. Bottom line is, it is the most important thing you can ever consider during your life time! Although many have made reference to animals/mammals, there is a big difference. People are the only ones with souls and as NMhuntnut1 posted, you have to accept Jesus into your life if you want to spend eternity with our maker. If you have not done this or want to know more, send me a PM. I love to hunt and fish year round, and I have a strong passion for this. But if this is the most important thing to me, then I would be missing what has a lot more value(short & long term). Unfortunately, many that use this site will be "horrified" when they die and learn the truth. It will be "too late" then!!! Glad to see that you are thinking on the important issues.

Bunco and NMhuntnut you guys hit it on the head. That is why I put the link in my post. Most people see themselves as good people, but when you look at people (me included) in light of God's law and the fact that He is just then that puts us in a bad spot. And like you guys alluded to, that is why God sent His Son Jesus to pay the penalty for our sin......

Rackem

I'VE BEEN A SINNER!!!

AND!!!

I'VE BEEN A SAINT!!!

I WAS THIS CLOSE TO HEAVAN WHEN I SLIPPED & FELL!!!

NOW I'M LOOKING FOR DIRECTIONS TO HEAVAN OR HELL!!!

THE ONLY bobcat!!!

I flunked the test and still didn't have any boogeymen trying to eat me when I was ##### up so guess I will roll dem dice. My bro-in-law got hooked on a particular church and spent a lot of time telling me his own mom was gonna burn in hell if she didn't join his particular brand of church. I respect your religion as long as you leave me out of it.

I don't know Glen, the point of the test is that we ALL flunk it. All have fallen short and that is the point to show us that there is nothing we can do to merit entry into heaven. I know you're saying leave you out of it, but the only reason I'm addressing you with it is that I can't seee anything more important then where you spend eternity. When you were drowning that guy pulled you from the water, and even though you don't see it that way with this, that is what people are trying to do.

Rackem

There is no deed you can do to get into heaven. It's what you accept and believe that will get you there. All God wants is for you to accept him as your lord and savior and work to help others do the same. We are all sinners we were born that way. God loves you and proved that by dieing on the cross for all of us. Deeds won't get you there but FAITH will!!!

Rackem, Don't you beleive in repentance. What a depressing thought "We are all on are way to hell"

Ask, a morman they have alot of answers to questions like this, seriously!!!

There is life after this!!! I'm certain!!!!

I definitely believe in repentance. But so many people don't see the need for repentance and that is why we need to know where we stand in light of God's law and that the only way to be released from your guilt under the law is believing in Jesus, who God sent to take our punishment for sin, and provide us salvation through faith in Jesus. Part of putting your faith in Jesus is repenting and turning from your sin. And as said before I agree that is by faith alone and there is nothing we can do to merit it.

Ephesians 2:8-9

For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, so that no one may boast.

Rackem

Kingfish and rackem are right on with this one, this is one question you don't want to fail when your time is up.......

Rackem, I see your point, My first thought on the test is we are all going to hell. This faith issue is interesting to me, ALL you have to do is have faith in Christ, so no works save you, so does this mean I do not have to go to church, give money to charity, do service toward other, etc? this all seems like work to me, but is that not what Christ taught?

I know where you're coming from on that and I think that Ephesians 2:8-9 says clearly it is by faith alone, and not of works. But then it goes onto say in verse 10:

For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.

But then you go to James 2:26

For just as the body without the spirit is dead, so also faith without works is dead.

So are we stuck with a delemma between these two passages??? No, faith is incompassing works. You do not truly have faith without works. And in the context of James he is talking of decerning true faith. The works are a result of your gratitude to God for giving you salvation and for wanting to do His will. So we don't do these works to EARN something, but out of thankfulness.

Rackem

I have been thinking about this for sometime now for the fact that my wife and I have 4 children and one foster daughter. Our second daughter, Maddy died from a blood clot that formed in her chest and then moved to heart, thus causing a heart attack. This happened in my arms while on the phone with 911 trying to do CPR.

I know, that I know, that I know that she is with Jesus in heaven and waiting for us to join her. My wife is the youth pastor at our church here in Woodburn Oregon. She has the BIGGEST heart for our youth.

So this week would be 5yrs since she passed away and it weighs heavy on my heart to ask, "Do you know Jesus Christ as your personal savior?" You don't know when your time is up here on earth...

Jeremy aka muleyman

Ephesians 2:8-9

For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, so that no one may boast.

I had trouble understanding that for a long time. Then one day a Preacher explained the meaning of Grace. God loves us not because we are sinners but IN SPITE OF THE FACT that we are sinners. Salvation truely is a gift from God. Once I accepted that gift, as unworthy as I am, my life changed forever.

Steve

LAST EDITED ON Oct-06-06 AT 08:42PM (MST)[p] huntindude,

Try explaining your theory to muleyman. Post #28

JB

This is also something that has weighed heavy on my mind for a while. I was never brought up in a religious family and it has never a part of my life. I honestly don't know what to believe, but the thing that I think about most is when people say if you don't believe or worship Jesus Christ that you will go to hell. This worries me because I don't want to believe in God just out of fear of going to hell but I don't want to not believe and end up going to hell. So if I want to believe then who is right? Christians? Catholics? Jews? Buddists? Hindus? Muslims? I mean everyone says they are right and only they will go to heaven so who is right, which is the right choice?

I have led a good life, abiding by all the rules of society and man. I've never been a thief or a criminal and always done good when I can. I honestly can't believe that I will burn in hell and be torture for eternity because I don't believe in God. Why should I be punished for something like that? Maybe I shouldn't be allowed in Heaven but I don't think I should burn in hell for it. Believe me, I definitely like the sound of going to heaven, who wouldn't. But I have a hard time believing in something that no living man has ever seen and has no proof exists? I've always been a person who needs concrete evidence to believe in something so this is very difficult for me. Can anyone give me some insight?

I don't think you need any insight because you have it figured out. you're going to get lots of reasons you should join a church so I'll be the one to say I feel like you do. the other thing I'll add to what you said is what about all the people like the native Americans for instance who never had any contact with christian religion before the missionaries, did they go to hell because they died one year too early? and as you said what about the other religions? sorry they can't all be right so someones in trouble but who? I say if you live as a good person and try to do the right thing if there is a god he'll see you for what you are and take you in, if he doesn't then he isn't the god we're supposed to beleive in anyway so all you did was waste your Sundays for nothing. I'm comfortable with my stand on the issue and I don't mean to offend anyone who is deeply religious, to each their own.

Add me to that. I believe in respecting others and doing all the good I can in helping people while I am here. I go to Our Lady of the Woods church and do what I can to leave things better than I found them. I have no fear of hell and damnation and if I'm wrong then so be it. More power to anyone who believes otherwise.

Oregonbowhunter and huntindude -

The answers to your very valid and normal questions are found in the first few chapters of the book of Romans. Matter of fact I am studying the very chapter right now that has the answers to your questions. I will try to write something up tonight when I get home if someone does not answer your question before then. Good and valid questions to have, I think the answers may surprise you.

Acts 16:31

"Believe in the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved."

This verse I believe says it all.

muleyman

YK ,
PM me too if you dont mind as I feel like Oregon alot of the time .Who is right?

i feel the same way. there's so many questions. i've talk to some people about this, and i still don't get it. i used to have this one couple come to my house every wed. just to talk about being a good person. he was very respectful and understood my situation. he didn't try to put his religion on me, but instead he was teaching us about being a good person. i hope some day i'll understand. get this, my wife was just talking about going to a catholic church. Her parents are catholics. our children go to church. they are currently going to Assembly of God. i really don't know the differences. the kids enjoy going to church. as long as they're good w/ it. i went to the same church when i was young. If my wife wants to go to the catholic church, she wants to have the kids quit going to the Assembly of God church so we can go to the catholic churcj as a family. this is a big step in our lives right now. what church? are they different?

THE CATHOLIC FAITH IS VERY DIFFERENT, I WOULD ONLY PROCEED WITH KNOWLEDGE IN HAND. ALOT OF FRIENDS/ FAMILY ARE CATHOLIC. YD.

WELL!!!

MAYBE YOU BOYS THAT DON'T KNOW IF YOU BELIEVE IN GOD OR NOT THINK YOU EVOLVED FROM AN APE!!!

MAYBE THE STORK BROUGHT YOU???

MAYBE IT TOOK A GOD TO CREATE THE APE,DID YOU EVER THINK OF THAT???

THE ONLY bobcat THINKING YOU BOYS THAT ARE WONDERING ARE PROBABLY STILL WONDERING WHICH CAME FIRST,THE DOE OR THE FAWN!!!

Personally, I have been ridiculed for my beliefs. Yes, I am a
Christian. I believe that everyone regardless of race, time of birth....etc. will have the opportunity to accept gods plan.

Having said that, just because I believe I have found the truth doesn't mean I am going to be saved. It is up to me to do my part and the grace of my maker.

Respecting others "religious beliefs" is also something I feel is important.

If anyone is interested in my beliefs PM me.

Having come to Christ kind of late in life, (early thirty's) I hope I can shed some light for those pondering what should they do.

First of all don't get sucked into the "what is the right church" debate. It is not about what church you go to. Or what denomination you belong to. It has everything to do with who you have a relationship with.
Some churches want you to believe that you must go through their program and that they are the only "true church." Big red flag!

Jesus said that "I am the way , the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

So if someone is trying to tell you that you have to join their church in order to get saved, be careful.

Having said that, the Bible instructs us to attend church so that our faith is built up and that we might encourage one another. (I don't have my Bible here at work for scripture references) There are many reasons for going to church, but the main one is because God wants us to.

Please pm me and I will be glad to tell you what a lousy rotten person I was before I got saved. God is still working on me, and there are still problems in life, but they are a lot easier to deal with because of my relationship with Jesus.

Ok,
Here I go.
I thought it wise long ago never to discuss politics or religion in public.
I strongly believe that every person on this planet is allowed to follow their own belief and that other's opinions are worthless when it comes to individual faith.
That being said, I often see fanaticism when it comes to religious matters.
Is there really a difference between any religious facism?
I'm a weird dude.
I worship mother nature.
She is my lord.
She is my guiding light.
She feeds my family.
She fuels my passions.
I gaze in bewilderment at her creations
bty.jpg

Is there an artist that can compare to her incredible works of beauty?
I even at times have silently appologized for taking the lives of her precious creations.
When the last breath leaves my lungs, I will return to my mother.
My son knows where to wash my ashes down.
I will feed future creations of mother nature.
I have taken so much from her and it will be an honor to be able to return nutrients to her needy creatures.
ONE WEIRD DUDE....
sky1vr.jpg

Your comments remind me of some words I once read in the bible.

"Observe the lillies of the field, how they grow... Even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these".

Solomon was reported to be one of the richest kings with gold and jewels all around him.

You're right, no earthly artist could create such works of art. Worship the creator, in lieu of the creation.

For those that think living a good life is enough.......you must ask yourself the question whose standards are you comparing yourself too? If it is man's standards you will always find someone who is worse than you, however if you look at God's standards you will find that no one is righteous(Romans 3:9). Matter of fact read Romans 3 and you will see how terrible man is in God's eyes. That being said becuase of Jesus death on the cross we can be reconciled to God becuase of faith in him as payment for our sins. There are many on this thread who have said very true things who would love to chat or pm you to answer more of your questions. I would bet that most of us have struggled with the same questions before coming to a saving faith. Feel free to pm me anytime.

Don't know how the smiley face ended up there but it should be referencing Romans chapter 3, verse 9.

Regarding those who have not heard the word from missionaries(an earlier post) the answer for that is found in Romans as well, chapter 1 v. 20 says "for since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities-his eternal power and divine nature-have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse."

BAsically this is saying that by looking around you can tell that there is a higher power. IT is up to God to bring the message to the people, those aborigni's who never heard the gospel are still going to be held accountable to God becuase of what they did see, the sun coming up every day, the seasons of year, his stars, his creation, etc. That is the one awesome thing about God he is a just God, no special treatment or judgements for anyone, everyone is judged by the same standard and it is laid out in his word in black and white.

Bob D. -

That is one of many questions our finite human minds will never know the answer to this side of eternity. God has existed from eternity past, I have to take that on faith. I wish I knew the answer to your question but I can't even try to wrap my tiny brain around it. Sorry....

Ok so if I don't believe in God and I live a good life, being a good person then I am going to be punished for that? I'm going to be punished to burn in hell for eternity for not believing in him? Is it just me or does that sound horribly concieted and hypocrytical of a god to think that way? I thought god was suppose to be a loving, compassionate entity not a egotistical being that says, "oh you better believe in me and nothing else or you'll burn in hell forever". I mean I just can't even fathom that. Sorry if that offends anyone, but that is the message that I get the majority of the time from Christians.

If you don't believe in God you will not sit by him in heaven. It's very simple you must believe God died on the cross for all our sins and accept him as your lord and savior. No deeds, No works, No living a good life buys your way into heaven. Faith, trust, and believing in Christ will. I challenge every non believer to give God a chance and study the bible, go to church, and join a bible study. One year, ONE YEAR!. Is that asking to much for eternal life? Of course you are suppose to live the best most honarable life you can that's what God wants you to do BUT that in and of itself doesn't get you into heaven. Listen, what have you got to lose by getting to know God?? If your right and God doesn't exist, so what!! but if he does and you don't get to know him you will lose eternal life in heaven....Think about it. Please.

So if I understand this right a scum ball who goes to church will get a good spot in heaven, but a humanitarian ( no, that's not me) will burn if he doesn't go to church?
I have church going friends who I wouldn't trust as far as I could throw them who have taken advantage of others in ways I'd never dream of even if I was drunk. yes they're still friends but if going to church makes them a better human being than me I don't want an eternity on that cloud.
I still can't believe if there is a power as great as god is supposed to be that he could be so vain as to punish anyone who doesn't worship him, that seems small.
I've never understood the "believe or else" thing, if that's the way it is I'd have to pretend to believe and that might not work anyway.

The bottom line is all those people pretending to be Christians might fool us but will never fool God. It has nothing to do with vanity. God commands us to be Christ like not just by what we say but what we do. I struggle everyday trying to do what is right by God and most times I fall short but I still believe God loves me for striving to live the life he asks us to live. Going to church has very little to do with going to heaven. How do you think we came to be? To me it's a lot easier and makes a lot more sence that all of us were created and not just something that came to be because of a big explosion...And about evolution? If we evolved from apes when did that stop?? Why are we not seeing apes evolve into people in our life times?

Oregonbowhunter and huntindude, great posts...good to know there are others who think the same as I do. I guess I'm just not smart enough to say that I KNOW there is a god, or there isn't a god. I just don't know, and I don't think anybody else does either. They may THINK they know, but in reality there is no way anybody knows there is a god. I don't know how we got here, I don't know how all the other animals got here, I don't know where the planet Earth came from, I don't know where the universe came from. I just don't know, simple as that. And I sure don't believe in life after death. When you're dead you're dead. If I'm wrong, I guess I'll find out when the time comes.

kingfish ,
I'm not sure humans aren't changing, by all accounts we are getting taller , tail bones and sinus passages are getting smaller ( yes apes have large ones ) and my back quack told me most of our problems are because our backs were not evolved for standing upright, maybe 1000 years from now that will be fixed. you have to remember we have only been watching theses things for a few seconds if you look at the millions of years it took to get here. don't take me wrong I'm not putting religion down but you have to admit sience does support Darwin and religion requires blind faith, that's hard for some of us to accept.

"And about evolution? If we evolved from apes when did that stop?? Why are we not seeing apes evolve into people in our life times? "

Because Kingfish, evolution takes millions of years. You will never see changes in man or anything in 10 lifetimes. It has to do with a process called specialization in which certain traits are lost or gained in order for an organism to better suit it's environment. Just look at the fossils of the earliest hominids. They look similar to an ape, as the years past on it changed and changed and changed. Over hundreds and hundreds of thousands of years you can see the changes in what this creature looks like. It evolved into what in simple terms is a caveman. Are you going to say that cave men aren't an early form of man? You can't discount their existence either because there are fossils of them. They changed to better suit their environment, wherever that may have been. Whether it was in Europe, Asia, Africa...etc. People have certain physical characteristics based upon where they live for a reason. People in Asia all have a certain color skin and thinner eyes for a reason. People in Africa developed dark skin to tolerate the sun. Sorry, again I don't want to offend anyone but I'm just trying to explain another viewpoint.

SOME GREATS POINTS BEING MADE HERE, DARWIN & EVOLUTION VS FAITH......WHICH CAME FIRST....PROOF...THIS IS GOING TO BE INTERESTING. CARRY ON, YD.

In Albert Einsteins last years, after all he discovered in science and physics, he was convinced that there had to be a greater power than man to explain the universe.

JB

It's kind of the old " are you going to believe me or are you going to believe your eyes " thing in my opinion but this will go on forever probably. it's easy to find holes in the bible stories but how do you argue with science and logic? I know many do and I have never got that figured out. most religious people I know started when they were infants , I didn't and I think that might be it. I know some born agains but they're so fanatical you can't have a talk with them about it. it's all good but I too find it interesting.

Well this question kind of opens up a can of worms becuase there are so many different beliefs about what happens to you spiritually. Physically I will agree with eric who said you will decompose and turn into worm fodder. Now I could go off and tell you about my whole religious beliefs about life after death, but I will make it much shorter. My belief is that if you believe that Jesus Christ died for you and forgave all of your sins and that he rose from the dead and now resides in heaven next to and one with God, then you will go to Heaven, the land of eternally glory free from sin. Religion is a powerful thing and I think your best answer to this question would be found in the Bible (along with what I said). So don't worry about it and just live life to the fullest while following God's plan and you will spiritually live eternally with God himself. I'm not on this website much but if you have any questions about this please ask and I will answer them the best I can. Meanwhile keep hunting and never give in to not being yourself!

There have been a lot of great posts so far, and a lot of intersting viewpoints. I believe that this life is not the end. I believe that God has a greater plan for all of us, that extends far beyond this life and the peramters of this mortal life. I believe that this life is just a small portion of our existence. I believe that we all existed prior to this earthly life. That we were sent to this earth to be tested and to gain knowledge and experience that will help with out eternal progression. I believe that that through Faith in Christ, Repentance, and obedience to the laws and ordinances of out Heavenly Father, that we will have the chance to return to his presence.

Here's a few other things I beleive, as well as the other members of my religion:
The Articles of Faith
of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

We believe in God, the Eternal Father, and in His Son, Jesus Christ, and in the Holy Ghost.

We believe that men will be punished for their own sins, and not for Adam's transgression.

We believe that through the Atonement of Christ, all mankind may be saved, by obedience to the laws and ordinances of the Gospel.

We believe that the first principles and ordinances of the Gospel are: first, Faith in the Lord Jesus Christ; second, Repentance; third, Baptism by immersion for the remission of sins; fourth, Laying on of hands for the gift of the Holy Ghost.

We believe that a man must be called of God, by prophecy, and by the laying on of hands by those who are in authority, to preach the Gospel and administer in the ordinances thereof.

We believe in the same organization that existed in the Primitive Church, namely, apostles, prophets, pastors, teachers, evangelists, and so forth.

We believe in the gift of tongues, prophecy, revelation, visions, healing, interpretation of tongues, and so forth.

We believe the Bible to be the word of God as far as it is translated correctly; we also believe the Book of Mormon to be the word of God.

We believe all that God has revealed, all that He does now reveal, and we believe that He will yet reveal many great and important things pertaining to the Kingdom of God.

We believe in the literal gathering of Israel and in the restoration of the Ten Tribes; that Zion (the New Jerusalem) will be built upon the American continent; that Christ will reign personally upon the earth; and, that the earth will be renewed and receive its paradisiacal glory.

We claim the privilege of worshiping Almighty God according to the dictates of our own conscience, and allow all men the same privilege, let them worship how, where, or what they may.

We believe in being subject to kings, presidents, rulers, and magistrates, in obeying, honoring, and sustaining the law.

We believe in being honest, true, chaste, benevolent, virtuous, and in doing good to all men; indeed, we may say that we follow the admonition of Paul?We believe all things, we hope all things, we have endured many things, and hope to be able to endure all things. If there is anything virtuous, lovely, or of good report or praiseworthy, we seek after these things.

TUFF

Great conversation fellas...All I ask if you struggle with faith is give God a chance and he will make your life better....

Huntindude, Bob D, etc., your thoughts and ideas are very common to mankind. First thing that is important to know is that we were created by God for one primary purpose, "to have relationship with God". Everything else is secondary! God will never force this relationship, as that is not part of his nature. Just a short story if you will. I knew this guy who was walking by a swimming pool and saw a cat in it. He bent down and tried to pull the cat out. The cat began violently scratching this man, to the point he could not hold on to it any longer due nto the injuries. The cat drowned and died. Sometimes when people are trying to help us we do not realize it. Many Christians know that people are drowning and they do the best they can to help lead them in the right direction. Some times they even make mistakes in the way they are helping. If you keep your vision on people and not God, you might miss the mark. It is just like shooting at a target, take your eyes off the bullseye and you might miss that big old buck! Yes, you can know if God is real and there is plenty of evidence to prove it! Please do not wait until it is too late folks! The Christians responding to this post care about you guys and gals who have not had a relationship with Jesus. You have everything to gain and nothing to lose, so e-mail those you feel comfortable with and talk to them. Trade some hunts, get together somewhere, but please do not miss these opportunities.

This is getting good, no worry about offending me, they aren't my rules, I didn't make them up, if I did I sure would have changed many of them, they pretty much all go against what comes naturally too me(another piece of evidence for me that they are right and fall in with a holy God). Take the Kingfish challenge. Read a bit of the Word, start with the book of John, then do Romans, read one chapter a day, talk to those who have offered to talk to you about these things, I truely believe that if you are honestly seeking and you do these things you will find out the answer in the word. Search out and find one contradiction in the Bible is my challenge to you. If you can find one contradiction you can throw out the WHOLE thing as the Bible tells me that the word is inerrant(without error). And if the Bible is false I will walk away, my life would be much easier to live if I wasn't trying to live by its standards, believe me.

Furthmore don't get "religion" confused with what many on here are saying about a relationship with Jesus Christ, they are two very different things.

Continue the questions they are good ones to ask and be thinking about.

This actually pretty cool that this discussion has come up here.
When I sit on top of a mountain after hiking for a few hours to get there before daylight. Watching the sun come up and listening to all the natural sounds, I realize that everything fits together perfectly, then any doubts that my silly selfishness put in my head, go away and I realize this is what God intended "me" to see. And for a little while everything else becomes simple.

There are only two types of people - The Hunters and the hunted,
I hunt.
Alchase

For everyone saying to give god a chance and to just dive in, that's a very difficult thing for some to do. I mean for me there has to be some kind of trigger to get me to jump right in. I just can't start believing in something just because I want to or out of fear.

I would say anyone reading this post has had something trigger in them that wants to find out more about this topic. As far as believing in something that is something that takes time, just as in hunting you don't get all the answers up front to every situation, its a lifelong process.

Well said Ridge, I would add that this is should not be out of fear, but fullfillment. Talk to any Christian and they will tell you that there was always an empty spot that no amount of money, fame or anything else for that matter could fill, before they committed themselves to God. I would suggest to anyone who feels like this, to pick up a bible and read the "New Testiment" (I say this becouse I still get baffled by some things in the old testiment, LOL) I am willing to bet that in your heart you would already know what it tells you is true. I can not tell you that I understand everything I read. But more and more becomes clear when I open my heart to what it says, and in times I really need it, the answers seem to hit a really personnal note.
But that is just me.
It is a "personnal" journey that sometimes we all "still" need a kick start to begin, LOL.

I hunt.
Alchase

It's not my job to judge anyone who doesn't believe in Jesus Christ. If you just look around you and see everything that he has created, it's awesome.

I pray that if you don't know him, maybe someday you will find him and experience the joy that he has brought my family and I.

When I die and I stand before the Lord, and as I am standing proudly with my daughter who has passed before me, I hope to hear the words, "Great job my son, look around you, for great is your reward!" ( heaven that is )

God Bless you all - Jeremy

The bible says "seek and ye shall find".

For those who really want to know, pray to God sincerely and ask for him to reveal to you the truth. It can come in many different forms. When it happens, you can then make a choice.

ShadowHunter

Something to consider. And it's your choice to consider it.

What other animal out there is on the Internet tonight. Drives a car, generates electricity and uses it, build pumps to extract water out of the ground, then treats and disinfects that water. Designs a contraption that they can fly in, burning a fuel they refine and sell. Designs, builds, markets, promotes, sells Television, Satellite service, cell phones, music on CD, etc, etc, etc. Were so far above the other animals that its ridiculous.

But when we study the human anatomy, even Doctors and Scientist don't have all the answers about how our bodies work, how animals have certain instincts etc. It does have a pattern of design that we think just happened by chance. Which is easier to believe that it just happened by chance or that there is a designer and higher power.

ShadowHunter

Isn't it great that we can talk about everything on this site? Hunting, Families, friends and God. What a great place. I know that God is my creator. I am thankful to know him and to have had experiences that have given me the faith. I can only hope my works in this life will be good enough to earn me a place in God's kingdom. I know that it is only through the Savior Jesus Christ and his attonement that I will be able to live in the Kingdom of our Heavenly Father. I would love to talk in private with anyone who may have questions about this subjet and IF I can help I will. I am not saying I have all the answers but I think together we can all find them. Thanks to all of you for making my day better and making me a better man by listening to and reading all of your thoughts on the subject. May God bless us all.

It's very interesting to me that the people on this site that have a relationship with Christ seem very fullfilled and upbeat. This is no coincedence!!!. God grants you peace and piece of mind when you come to know him. I have had MANY personal problems the last 3 years and I don't know how I could have gotten through it without my relationship with Christ. Having a close personal relationship with God is a lot like having kids!! you can't know what it's like until you have your own!!!.

Hey SneakAttack:

Check out Acts 12:23 and Job 7:5. The worms don't have to get into a vault or casket. They are already within you.

Great discussion everyone! Glad to see this topic in a hunting forum!

My 2-cents:

I came to know Jesus Christ as my Savior and was baptized 7 years ago, when I was 31. I can honestly tell you I've seen God do some amazing things in my life and those around me since that time; I mean things beyond coincidence and far too big and elaborate to have been pulled off by mere human ability. And I agree with Kingfish, you can see the upbeat, at-peace tone in the Christian posts.

But I want to give the non-believers something to mull over-some of the scientific evidence you're looking for.

I have advanced degrees in natural resource management and wildlife biology, and can tell you I had Darwinian/evolutionist theory crammed down my throat for years. Evolution is a topic with which I am intimately familiar and I'd like to share a few things with you.

First, Darwinian theory is just that, a theory. And it is a theory full of holes, inconsistencies and fallacies. Any scientist worth his salt MUST concede that fact. For proof, I point you to Darwin's book itself: On Origin of Species. Take a look at the last chapter. This is the chapter that no Darwinian teacher, and I mean no one, will ever point you to. Darwin himself spends an entire chapter poking holes in his own theory and points out a lot of problems with his thesis, yet our mainstream academia preaches this stuff as the gospel truth. I challenge everyone to read both Darwin and the New Testament and think about it for yourself. Don't let me or anyone else tell you what to believe--read it yourself and decide.

And as for the idea of genetics and evolution, I find this keenly interesting: geneticists tell us that 99.8% of all genetic mutations in higher organisms cause physical or mental defects which preclude that individual's very survival. Yet Darwin theory states that the 0.2% of genetic mutations give an individual a competitive advantage, which allows that individual to be more successful, reproduce more and "better" offspring, and pass along this advantage to future generations, which eventually shapes a "new" species. Now you don't need to be statistical whiz to see the overwhelming problem here.

That issue notwithstanding, stop and think about this amazing 0.2% advantage and "passing along this gene" to numerous generations. Geneticists call this a "bottleneck" in that the entire genome of a species if effected by only one individual; this one gene gives a competitive advantage, but restricts the rest of the gene pool for the species. Genetic diversity is extremely important in maintaining population, which is the very problem cheetahs now face on the entire African continent. If a 0.2% chance of a genetic variation which causes a competitive advantage and eventually speciation also comes with the cost of genetic bottlenecking, how did evolution ever come up with the plethora of birds, mammals, reptiles, amphibians, plants, fungi and all other categories of life on this planet, regardless of how many billions of years you would like to attribute to the timetable?

Again, the stakes are high, so give this some real thought.

LAST EDITED ON Oct-13-06 AT 11:28AM (MST)[p]ELKabong post #8-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

The serious answer is nicely covered elsewhere, I'll just say:
"No one comes to the Father but through me... I am the way, the truth and the life." -Jesus
HB

I hope this will help several people including Oregonbowhunter, RuttCrazed, gleninaz, huntindude, and Bob D.

All humans will live etenally. If you don't believe in God, you will someday as you stand in front of Him and actually see Him. Even though we can't see God face to face in this life, we can see His power all around us if we only will look.

God loves all people, no matter their ethical or religious background and desires for all people to be with Him in Heaven. Whosoever (anyone) who believes in Jesus can have everlasting (never ending) life. Any person can be saved - it's not about religion, it's about accepting the free, undeserved gift of salvation that God gave us through his son's sacrificial death. Everyone ever born is separated from God by sin. When we accept Jesus as our Savior, this reunites us with God and we can then begin to do good works for him. Salvation is free and we can not work for it or buy it and we certainly don't deserve it. It takes faith to accept this gift. It is not something we can actually see Mr. Oregonbowhunter (post #67). You have to see yourself as unworthy of the gift and just jump out there and grab it. If I told you that I wanted to pay for you to go on a guided hunt of your choice today, all expenses paid and no strings attached, would you say "No thanks, I'll just save up a few thousand dollars of my own and pay for my own guided hunt"? Now remember, I don't even know you. So, of course, you don't deserve for me to do this. I'm just a really great guy and would love to do this for you. But, if you don't accept my gift, I can't give it to you and you give up the ultimate hunting trip and the opportunity to kill that huge, magnificant trophy.

God DOES NOT send people to hell. He gives each of us a free will or choice to accept his Son or to reject his offer of salvation. We were already sinners seperated from God when we entered this world and Jesus came to provide us a way to be saved and reunited with God. God does not force us to accept or reject salvation. EVERYONE WILL HAVE ETERNAL LIFE - it's the choice you make that will determine where you spend it. Also, every human being ever born will have an opportunity to accept Him during their lifetime.

Now for the differing religions - let's look at Christians. The word Christian means belonging to Christ and is only mentioned three times in the Bible. A lot of folks believe the word Christian means being like Christ. Jesus Christ was perfect - no sin. So, that would mean that those who are saved are trying to be Christ-like which is impossible since all humans are imperfect. Even after you accept Jesus as your Savior, you will not and can not live a perfect life and do everything right. Therefore, I like to label myself as a born again believer who has accepted God's free gift of salvation and am now bound to pass from this short life into an eternal life in Heaven with the true, living God. The God of the Bible is the ONLY TRUE, LIVING GOD. Any other religion that does not support this fact is indeed false and not on the right track. However, people in other religions can come to believe in the true God. Remember, ANYONE who trusts in Jesus can be saved.

God is truth and the Bible is God's true word. Everything the Bible says is true and will come to pass. The following scripture references will provide background for what I have said here today. Romans 14:11, Romans 10:13, John 3:16-18, Romans 3:23

I pray that if you haven't already, you will believe God's truth and accept His free gift of eternal life.

Whoa! How'd I stumble into this chatroom? Waaaay too serious tonight.

To quote (or misquote?) the movie "Fargo",

"...think I'm gonna barf".

I believe one of the best parts of this thread is that regardless of what everyone believes, points have been well taken and done in a civil manner.

Maybe we can learn from this (myself included)

Why do I need to be saved?
God leaves no doubt about our condition. While we set our standards of right and wrong by society's values, God?s standard is His own holiness. How do we measure up? "All have sinned and come short of the glory of God" (Romans 3:23). It is only fair that God demands holiness; that is how He first created mankind. We have rebelled against Him as a race and as individuals.

Our pathway away from God has brought its consequences. "The wages of sin is death" (Romans 6:23a). The Bible compares sin to a cruel slave master. There is no mercy in suffering, no freedom from bondage, no lasting joy, no hope for the future. Most frightening is the final consequence of sin. The Bible warns that without God?s salvation, death is the doorway to eternal punishment (Hebrews 9:27).

It is from this that we need to be saved. From our own sin. From its bondage. From its consequences. "How shall we escape if we neglect so great salvation?" (Hebrews 2:3).

How does God say I can be saved?
God is holy and God is love. His holiness demands that our sin be punished in full. His love provides a way for us to be saved from this punishment. How is this possible? Someone was willing to suffer what we deserve. Our substitute had to be a sinless man, able to suffer the full wrath of God against our sin. The only one able to take our place was God?s Son.

The greatest display of God?s love unfolded as His Son left heaven to become a man. Born of a virgin 2000 years ago, the Lord Jesus Christ lived with His creation. He was unable to sin, yet He showed compassion to sinners all around Him. Men hated Christ because His holiness exposed their sinfulness. They decided to remove Him by crucifying Him. He willingly allowed them to nail Him to a cross of wood outside Jerusalem. They suspended Him so they could sit and watch Him die. The climax of God?s plan of salvation had arrived as God covered the earth with darkness. The Bible tells us that for three hours He laid on His Son the full punishment we deserve to receive for our sin. The darkness was broken when Jesus Christ called out with a loud voice, "It is finished". He had accomplished the mighty work, God?s great plan of salvation.

After three days in death, Christ Jesus rose from the dead. This is evidence to all who saw Him and to all who read God?s word that Christ's suffering completely satisfied His father. He was victorious over death itself ? the ultimate consequence of our sin.

God?s plan of salvation brings us into the good of Christ's suffering, death, and victory. "For when we were yet without strength, in due time, Christ died for the ungodly" (Romans 5:6). "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life" (John 3:16).

hope this is a help to someone.i notice people who don't understand gods plan of salvation tend to poke fun at qestions like this one.i know i did once when i was lost.
in god we must trust!!!!
average joe

Oregonbowhunter-
I don't think anyone expects you to dive in and believe right off the bat. I think that the Holy Spirit has cracked open the door to your heart, and you are curious and interested. I think if you find a good, Bible-based source of Christian instruction, you will get the information you need to make up your own heart and mind. I think a good denomination for study without a lot of extra frills and fluff or rituals is Lutheran. Luther was, by all accounts, a Catholic monk who was a genius and "seceeded" (okay he was kicked out) from the Catholic church because he found way to many points at which the church in the 14 or 1500's was deviating from the Bible in it's practices and teachings, and he called them on the carpet over it. (Many of which have been changed, btw.)

HH and others, God the Creator is truly awesome, as is his creation. I relish it all, also. The problem with only appreciating that aspect of God, is that it does not teach you a thing about your soul's eternal salvation. That is one of the reasons to attend chruch, to learn and grow in faith, and to help others do the same. The trees and mountains are beautiful, but they don't tell you about Jesus.

Clearly, it is not "if you go to church, you go to heaven, if you don't you go to hell." You have to have a personal faith. That is not dependent on your church attendance. Church attendance is indicative of that faith, however, and strengthens it. As for the people who never had the chance to know Christ, maybe they get to have the chance at the time of judgment to walk with him, or fall. God surely makes allowances for those in that circumstance. Who is to say when your last chance is to become a believer? Bottom line, God is merciful and loves you. He wants to give you the chance to come home, he is not out looking to try and trip up people to keep them out. Those hypotheticals really don't apply to us, since we are free to hear the message, and it's ours for the asking. If you, sitting there reading this, do not choose to do anything about accepting God's grace through Christ, despite the chance being there, then you are in grave peril, no matter how good you are. Don't get me wrong, it is pleasing to God to be a good guy, but it isn't enough.

I am still learning and struggling with a lot of this myself, so I am no authority. I can however, hook you up with the Authority. I can get you a copy of The New Testament (New Promise-which is Jesus, btw) in MP3 format for your listening adventure, and can make referrals to a church near you. Please contact me if you want to discuss, or want the MP3. I have two, but maybe I can tell you where to get them or make copies, if legal, or hook you up another way.
Thanks,
HB

As many have said in previous threads, faith is all about your relationship with God, there are many "religions" out there, most have your well being in mind. Some can be confusing on what to take as-truth, and what is "biblical" meaning in the Bible.
It is not for me to say which one is for you, but by reading the Bible, asking your friends, maybe even doing a little church hopping, going from church to church looking for a Pastor/priest that communicates and teaches in a way you can relate to, and assists you in establishing a personnal relationship with God.
Or even joining a Bible study, this really help answer many questions I had and challenged me with a thousand more.
This web site

http://www.biblegateway.com/

is a great site for comparing the various translations of the Bible and looking up answers online. One more suggestion I would give is to buy a good Concordance (gives expert explanations on the specific topic/versus and helps understand the message) and and keep it handy when you read the Bible.

Keep asking the qustions, there are many very good people here who would love to help "you" find your way to a relationship God
I hope this is helpfull.

I hunt.
Alchase

I think Don Williams sums it up....

I dont believe that Heaven waits, for ONLY those that congregate.

life IS good (and this is ONLY the beggining)

What comes around, goes around.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom