Life Flight Insurance

LIK2HNT

Long Time Member
This was brought up briefly in another thread. I would like to start this thread to hear what Life Flight Insurance others use. And what is covered. Would appreciate anyone who has used their insurance and how it went.

Being 60 and hunting alone or with a friend a lot I think this is an important topic. Looking back on life and stupid situations I put myself in. I realize I now don’t have the strength and coordination I once had. Even just riding ATV’s and dirt bikes has its challenges as you get older.

Someone mentioned they had MASA. Looked it up and it’s almost $500 a year and seems to cover quite a lot. Another I started to look into was AirMedCare Network. But they don’t have much coverage in some states I hunt. A lot of insurance salespeople talk up their policies and when needed they don’t preform.

Thanks
Bill

By "life flight insurance"- are you talking about insurance to cover a medical flight out of a remote location?

By "life flight insurance"- are you talking about insurance to cover a medical flight out of a remote location?
As stated above. Remote rescue flight, flight home from out of state hospital if needed, local hospital to hospital specializing in needed procedures, etc.

Here is a link to one:

Another

My wife and I have MASA for less than five hundred a year its well worth it..for a lot of people the price of one life flight could be devastating financially..

Question; does standard insurance cover any portion of flights? Can’t find anything on my policy.

I have MASA, I get it as a benefit for being a volunteer fireman. It covers my immediate family, anywhere in the U.S.
You can also increase the coverage if you'll be traveling out of the country. Thankfully, we have't had to use it, but I know a short ride on a helicopter will cost $50,000 or so.

Guardian seems be the cheapest for what we can find. ($79 a year)

Years ago cost 45 grand to life flight my kid for a 30 min flights, plus a tab for the ambulance ride to the airport was another 15 grand. 15 grand for a 7 min drive. I let my health insurance and the hospital settle out the crazy bills.

Question; does standard insurance cover any portion of flights? Can’t find anything on my policy.
My regular medical insurance covered a large portion of my wife's life flight 10 years ago after an accident. Eventually the other insurance company took care of the bill but mine covered before knowing fault. Not sure if this is normal?

“Our affiliate providers operate more than 350 aircraft (fixed-wing and rotor) in more than 320 locations in 38 States across the country”

A lot cheaper, but I worry if I were to need service in the other 12 states or in an area of the states they do serve, but in an area they don’t serve.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom