Light weight Tripods

Deerlove

Long Time Member
Always trying to get lighter, my slik pro 624cf is 3.6 pounds, but it goes up to 66 inches. I dont need that much height, I could get by with 30 inches. Was using the manfrotto head but now have sirui va-5 that comes in at 1.3 pounds.

Not sure what you have going there Russ, but my Slik 613CF with a Manfrotto 700RC2 head is only 2.28 lbs total after I took off the extension tube and brass screw for the handle broke :)

I always thought the 624CF was only 1/2 lbs heavier ???

On a side note, how do you like that sirui ?

Pic is of how I run my GH5 with the Leica 100-400. Total weight is only 6.17 lbs
slik 613cf - manfrotto  700rc2.jpg

Here's the type of video I get with that setup.

Needless to say the GH5 and 100-400mm lens is the ultimate electronic spotting scope and once you see the veins in the ears of the elk at 1000 yards on the screen when you zoom in, you'll never carry a spotting scope again :)

Cheers, Pete

Shorter legs with that model 35 inches without neck, plus no handle on head. I like it. Sirui seams a little smoother on panning, but I beat the heck out of that Manfrotto 700.

I retired my old Manfrotto 3030 pod because one leg just wouldn't stay erected and I got tired of fighting it.
I purchased a new lightweight Manfrotto (can't remember the model) and hated it.
I had to use the entire center column to get it fully erected and any little breeze destroyed my stability and basically rendered my Leica scope completely useless.
I recently purchased a SLIK Pro 700, applied my Manfrotto 3130 head and am in love with this setup.
I don't even need the center tube to raise it while standing, which makes it solid as a rock, even better than my original Manfrotto 3030 pod.
It may not be the lightest set up, but lighter means more scope movement.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom