lima, mt deer? pronghorn?

madmoose

i will probably draw a deer tag this year and was looking at putting in for antelope in for lima reservoir area(330). curious if i was to be ever so lucky to get both, would a person be inclined to buzz in there during antelope opener to get there antelope, then go back to poss. deer hunt. or would you be inclined to go down on deer opener and try to pull a combo hunt? deer hunting worth a s@#$ there? 140 class or better? im in n. idaho so buzzing is 400mi. not right around the corner. but dont mind drivin either.

Kilo...i'll pm ya when i get a few more min.

Waaaaaaaay better places in MT to do a deer antelope hunt than Lima...

You can hunt antelope there right into early November, but you have to be careful about bucks dropping their horns then too. I shot a nice pronghorn buck near Lima many years ago, on November 2nd or 3rd. When I went to lift his head up to look at his horns, they both came right off in my hands! By then, we were seeing quite a few 1 horned bucks.

LAST EDITED ON Dec-10-10 AT 10:35PM (MST)[p]madmoose,

DO you have bonus points for antelope? you are pretty sure about drawing the lima peaks tag. If you can draw it you could likely draw another area. I agree with montanamuley there are far better places for a combo hunt. If you are sure you will draw a deer tag and you have any amount of points for antelope I would put in for 455 deer/antelope, you would be very happy or I sure would.

If you have no lope points dont put in for 455. Just curious how many deer points you have? lima peaks would not be my first choice, however it would be my 2nd. for lopes you have a good chance of drawing without any points, around 60 percent.

I spoke to a biologist last year and learned a lot about 291 for deer. it sounds like a sleeper unit but would be no good for lopes.

Also I am never patient enough to do a combo for deer/lope/elk, but I live here so its easier for me to get out.

thanks for the thoughts and theorys guys.....with the tag increase for deer im sure i'll skip it. but will stick with pronghorn......somewhere??

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Montana Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Mule deer, whitetail, antelope, buffalo, and prairie dogs on private ranch leases totaling about 100,000 acres.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail and antelope and manage our ranches for top quality.

Vargo Hunting

Top quality bear, antelope and free range bison hunts on the Crow Indian Res. Turkey and cougar as well.

Back
Top Bottom