Lincoln county land access

BUGLEnmIN

Very Active Member
Man! Every year seems like we’re losing huge chunks of land access in this county! More and more COUNTY ROADS being blocked by gates .
Called Lincoln county road foreman
“ I don’t know who these guys are paying but they’re getting these roads closed”
His response 👆🏻
Watched the private land hunters all over the blm that they landlocked by closing those roads down . Pretty damn deflating !

Yep. Then I see them cutting roads from their private onto public and putting feeders all over their private. I doubt it accomplishes much for them but it shows the lazy man mentality. Coming from places where they are used to sitting blinds over feeders. They cant help themselves.

Yep. Then I see them cutting roads from their private onto public and putting feeders all over their private. I doubt it accomplishes much for them but it shows the lazy man mentality. Coming from places where they are used to sitting blinds over feeders. They cant help themselves.
Man Pablo it’s getting worse by the month! We sat there helpless just watching all of them in the huge chunk of blm 600 yards out of reach! The one way in is a 4 mile walk to the good hunting which I would be happy to do until a literal foot race started with 8 hunters🤦🏻‍♂️

A County Road ? I’m probably getting my battery operated grinder with a cut off wheel out and keep driving up the county road. Two track is a different story.
I called the county like I said brother! County commission give them the okay to shut em down!
He said idk who’s writing the checks but they 💯 legally shut it! They are doing it now in more areas! I wonder if there’s a legal ramification to combat this!

Man! Every year seems like we’re losing huge chunks of land access in this county! More and more COUNTY ROADS being blocked by gates .
Called Lincoln county road foreman
“ I don’t know who these guys are paying but they’re getting these roads closed”
His response 👆🏻
Watched the private land hunters all over the blm that they landlocked by closing those roads down . Pretty damn deflating !
Which road if you don’t mind me asking? Can pm me if you don’t want it out on here

Which road if you don’t mind me asking? Can pm me if you don’t want it out on here
I’ll shoot you a pm with gps coordinates to the old access . One has been locked for 5 years at least , now the other two inlets are locked by the new lease holder 🤬🤬

Felix River Ranch
Here is a listing for the felix river ranch that was able to block access to the improved county road. They actually have the audacity to list it as a key feature of the property

For once we can agree on something!
Sad part is whoever is in their back pocket will be at that gate waiting to throw us in the back seat of a buggy going to the pokey!
The double standards never end!

The forest service where we hunted growing up loved locking gates and grandpa loves poppin locks.

If you think some phone calls will help, post up some contacts and I'll call and complain. Sometimes a few phone calls help.

I have been surprised here in Utah. Access was getting less and less, now with more people the user groups such as hikers and bikers seem to be getting public opinion/sympathy on their side. There is one land owner up big cottonwood canyon that is trying to keep back country skiers off his property and the sheriff's office won't give any tickets. Blows my mind. If it were hunters, the fish and game, sheriff and fire department would all be there to arrest the hunter.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom