Lion attack in my hood

Sweet!!! Just give me a chance......I wonder if the DFG Director flew up there for the hunt:) This is going to start happening more and more.

I saw it on the KCRA news this morning.
I'm afraid that it will become more and more common. These cats have developed little or no fear of man.

Nothing is going to happen until some one is unfortunately killed. That is the sad truth about CA ridiculous ban on mountain lion hunting.

Eldorado

Well people have been killed Iris Kenna @ Rancho Cuyamaca State park. Barbara Shoener near Cool Calif. These 2 were in the 1990s
do not remember the years or dates. There have been other attacks @ Cuyamaca as well. A 10 year old boy nearly killed @ Gaviota state park near my neck of the woods. I see tracks every year while deer hunting. Brubo

I remember children being mauled but I have no recollection of there being fatalities. It's troubling that nothing was ever done to stop these and all other lion attacks. The sad part is that there is no will to correct this bad law.

Eldorado

It doesn't matter if people get killed.. The tree and bunny huggers care more about animals that human lives...

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

In the fatal attack of the jogger in Cool, the cat not only killed her, but fed on her as well. An easy job for the F&G as the cat was killed sleeping nearby!

>It doesn't matter if people get
>killed.. The tree and bunny
>huggers care more about animals
>that human lives...

Bet they would have a different opinion regarding big pretty yellow kitties if one of their kids or family members got mauled or killed. Happened a few years ago here in southern CA, jogger got killed and the cat attacked and mauled another person right here in Orange County.

LAST EDITED ON Jul-05-12 AT 09:04AM (MST)[p]http://www.dfg.ca.gov/news/issues/lion/attacks.html

Only two before 1986 and a dozen (now 13) since then.
HELLO..... ???

LAST EDITED ON Jul-08-12 AT 08:35PM (MST)[p]Eldorado if you would would stop voting Democrat you could start helping with the problem. It amazes me that hunters and fishermen vote for Democrats, the very people that don't want you to hunt or fish at all. It's pretty hypocritical if you think about it, you don't like the law but you vote for the lawmaker. Stupid is as stupid does!

EL D, CA forkedhorn is right on unless you're a "blue dog democrat". If you vote liberal, you're voting againsn't hunting in CA!! Do you love Pelosi, Boxer, and Feinstein? pc

From 7/09/12 thru 7/19/12 I was sleeping on the ground every other night in Nevada county. I was on the Robbers fire during that period but never knew about this attack. nothing I can do except hope it doesn't happen to me.

Unfortunately, I don't see things changing much in the foreseeable future with regards to the cats. During my 35 years in Cali starting back in the mid 70's, I watched the cat population go through the roof. Never seen so many cougars as I did up in Modoc Co. hunting the X zones. Hunters never really had a voice in wildlife management because of the political influence of those with the big dollars and anti hunter following. I'm sure the situation isn't any better now in that arena. It will probably take a close relative of some highly influential person to die by a cat to make any progress. Sad situation all the way around, including the mulies.

www.unitedwildlifecooperative.org

lion hunting was outlawed by referendum........there is no changing it without 2/3 popular vote.....blame your neighbors and no one else.

JB
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom