Lion Dogs

NVMULEDEER1

Hey guys,
I posted in December about being interested in a couple trained hounds for lion hunting. I got a couple real good leads and then I was sent off by the company I work for to serve a tour of duty in Southern California. What a joy that was!!! It appears I will be having a lot of time on my hands and would like to get a couple hounds.
Anyone with any leads let me know. I'm located about 40 miles south of Reno, NV.
Thanks

Hey man,...I would contact Tyler O'brien in WY if I were you. He has a couple of Tessa Fowler's redbones since she sold out. I don't know this guy but I have talked with Tessa a couple of years ago and was very impressed with her knowledge of lion hounds and that her hounds were dry land dogs......they don't need snow to run a track. Here is his email that I got from her [email protected]. Here is her website too....go check it out, this lady has forgotten more about tree dogs than a lot of guys will ever know. http://wyomingcoonhound.tripod.com/index.html One of the guys that I hunt bear and hogs with is having some pups in a couple of months,...these will be redbone mostly. I can promise that theses dogs will run a cat and tree it if given the chance. They have super noses if you want a cold-nosed dog, and will run a bear or hog until it can't go any further. Let me know if you need more info....good luck.

I might have what your looking for, 2.5 year old bluetick that has been on about a dozen lions and a dozen bears. She is not a finished hound but has a great start. She can start and finish her own track on dirt or snow & she handles better than most. I live in Ut. I would need $1000 for the dog.

I dont have any dogs for sale ,but just so you know, we are starting up a houndsmen club here in Nevada.the 1st meeting is this saturday at the Flying Pig bbq in Winnemucca at noon. I hope you'll join once we get it running.Who knows, might find some pups from other members.Good luck, Paul

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom