Lipstick hunters bull

crazeymaez

Very Active Member
The last couple weeks I was able to kind of pattern these elk.
We started out hiking in the dark so we could get some elevation.
We heard our first bugle below us.The only problem the wind was blowing straight towards them.

They were coming up rather quickly as I could here bugles passing us.I was finally able to glass them but most of the herd had passed by.All that was left was a handful of cows and a bull.
I got her Bi-pod set up and ranged them at 256.Just a bit to far so I told her not to shoot.Now all the elk were above us and I thought gone for good.At least we now had the wind in our favor.

We start climbing and I blow some cow calls.I hear a bull sounding off and he sounds like he is coming towards us.
I have her set up but it sounds like he hangs up.So I leave Joselles dad at that tree as we try to gain some ground.

We go about 20 yrds and set up again.I blow some cow calls and it sounds like he is right on us.Joselles dad was in the perfect position as the bull crested the hill at 40yrds.The bull then appeared in front of us at 20yrds but behind a small pine tree.
All I could see is antlers and a 1 foot window of his shoulder.I tell her to shoot.

At this point the swivel screw that holds the sling and Bi-pod to the fore end of the gun strips out and the gun and Bi pod come crashing down.She relifts the gun and I pick up the bi-pod.
Not expecting to still see the elk there.I tell her to rest the gun on the bi-pod.The bull is still there and she shoots.

He slowly walks off and I reload the gun for her.We walk up and Joselles dad sees the bull bedded at 100 yrds.He stands up and begins walking downhill.I set her up on my backpack and she sends a perfect shot behind his shoulder.He walks aabout 40 feet and crashes into a deadfall.It was Joselles dad first time seeing her in kill mode.

Lipstick and her father

922sam_0161.jpg

Lipstick hunter

9829sam_0165.jpg

Lipstick and I

6798sam_0167.jpg

Congrats to you guys , glad her knee held up.Great bull for sure .Thanks for hooking us up with the Bronco tickets , had an amazing time , and all your buddies said to say hello!!

Very nice, I guess she needs a NEW gun since that other one is give her problems, Maybe a x-mas present in the making. LOL Congrats on a good bull.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

A big Congratulations to the lipstick hunter!

Looks like you were in the 'islands', was that y'all in the white truck with the "use the quads God gave you" sticker?

Mr.Nate yup that was me that passed by.Stopped to ask one of the spotters for you but you were leaving on horseback 1st rifle.Didnt see your truck on the 2nd rifle.One less cat on the MTN maybe the ones that tried to get you PM you the details.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom