Little Cone Outfitters Norwood ,Colorado

gahunter

Has anyone used this outfitter for elk. I talked to a guy who nunted with him for two season, and had really good things to say about them. I was just curious if anyone on here had ever hunted with them. Thanks in advance for any info.

"Easy now, keep the croshairs right behind his shoulder & squeeze the trigger"

I can't say that I have hunted with them but I know a group of guys from here in western NY that have been going their for the past 5-6 years. They love it hunting with them.

Personaly I dont think anyone would need an outfitter for elk on this unit, elk are everywhere

>Personaly I dont think anyone would
>need an outfitter for elk
>on this unit, elk are
>everywhere

Is there alot of state or federal gound in this unit to hunt? Also what is this unit number? Is it 70? Thanks

LAST EDITED ON Sep-12-10 AT 08:05AM (MST)[p]You can also get blm maps that show surface management. I have a sneaking suspicion that these $7.50 maps would be cheaper than buying one from the carters.

http://plicmapcenter.org/view.php?typ=&ag=&st=CO

The higher country in unit 70 can be hard to access, especially around the Lone Cone area. Hunting with an outfitter who has access to that country could improve your chances. I don't have any experience with the mentioned outfitter, or any other outfitter in that area. I do know that what private access land I have seen in unit 70 is absolutely crawling with elk.

On the flip side, with a little mapwork, planning, and physical effort, getting into elk without an outfitter is also very possible as there is plenty of it in that unit.

Be careful with those BLM maps for that area as I found out 4 years ago after buying one at the local office in Norwood that there was no "changes" done to the map compared to the old one I had from the 70's........I was lucky I did not get in trouble with land owner.
Even the local lady who knew exactly where we had gone said that the ownership changed hands in the area we had been in, but DENVER HDQTS would not make the changes to update maps...be carefull where you are in CO. while hunting all about MONEY to make the changes....bs.

Brian
http://i25.tinypic.com/fxbjgy.jpg[/IMG]

Thanks guys for all of the info!

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom