little help plz

C

clearwaterart

So I was looking over some of the boards here and found out about Ibex, Oryx, Barbary sheep. How did I not know about these? I had heard some where that there was barbary sheep in NM that where free range but thought they were a resident only thing. So I did know about those but OTC Ibex is this just to good to be true? So I looked up your regs let me tell you they are about as confusing as Washington, then I googled this hunt and I am not finding to much info. Is this like the Unlimited Bighorn from Montana just crazy hard to harvest? Any info on this would be great.

Not sure why it is so confusing about OTC Ibex. You can not hunt the Floridas where they actually live. There isnt very many off in the distant hills but everyonce in awhile somebody pops one.

I hunted the Ibex outside the Floridas for a couple years and never found them. I put in a lot of time and I know the area pretty well. Occasionally I would hear about a sighting by a rancher or a quail hunter, but they never panned out. I was thinking about trying it again since I recently heard about a fairly credible sighting. However, I think $111 for the OTC resident license is way too much considering the odds.
-- Bob

nmhunterman $1,618 for nonresident, barbary sheep $360.00 can be hard to find also.

yeah i hunted that otc ibex hunt once a few years back, but it wasn't what i thought it'd be ... i hunted north, east and west of the florida mtn area but no sign of any ibex. I saw plenty of deer and some pigs though. It was a tough hunt, and you're out in the middle of BFE so the whole time your thinkin about what could go wrong, and how unprepared you might be.

my advice would be to save your money, but like mentioned above you might get lucky if you can get some credible info from a local or find a nice remote water hole

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom