Little Help...

Ozzman

So my buddy and I have gone out after coyotes multiple times with little success... We have tried everything we can think of, but have never really been able to get luck to go our way... I was wondering if you guys would be willing to help us out on getting some of these d**n critters on the ground.

We are in Utah county looking to go out new years eve, and are open to any suggestions to areas, techniques used to muster up some dogs. I am not asking for anyone to share honeyholes or anything, just looking for a suggestion that will get us going in the right direction.

Feel free to send me a PM as well...

there is no such thing as a honey hole anymore. Its like fishin, everybody is doing it nowadays, and Utah has too many people with guns. I'll guarantee that everyplace you've tried, 6 other guys have already been there this yr. It gets even worse after all the fat duck hunters get out there. I've seen em callin from the truck even. Just go where there are less people likely to go. There are coyotes literally everywhere, you just need to drive farther. Good luck, its honestly not as fun as it was 10 yrs. ago.

Best thing to do is to scout the area you are thinking of calling. get out there after sun down and do some howling. make sure there are coyotes in the area you are wanting to call. if you are just using dying rabbit and not working. switch to a woodpecker. Try a few howls when you first sit down then wait a couple minutes then start with a distress sound. I like to use woodpecker in areas I know are called heavy. Good luck to you and hope you put some dogs on the ground!

My rule of thumb is 3 hours (minimum) drive in any direction from salt lake (your case utah county) and your chances will be much better. You're probably doing everything right, but it's getting tough out there. Finding some that haven't been harassed is the name of the game now. Good luck.

I agree with coyotedogs. Ive been seeing alot of the calling from the truck stuff down here in so. utah I dont know if they are anti hunters just wising the dogs up, or just probably just lazy UTARDS. Anyhow you never know. Ive been out three days since I last called anything in 48 sets no coyotes there are plenty of wised up ones though. Alot of the guys i know down here say the same thing they are tryting with zero response to a distress, howl, bird. Anyway Good luck sorry I couldnt help. 10 years ago was definetly better.

All bs asside you can still get it done anywhere in utah as long as you put in your homework pick your stands wisely and yes your going to be at stand for a long time one of my last stands was over an hour with a hand call and he was coming in more cautious than any cat i have called in but we got it done is it as fun as a 12 minute stand you decide but if you want to kill dogs in utah you are going to half to adapt!!!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom