Live leak moose shooting

good holy hell.

How is that legal? You harass an animal on a snow mobile, it attacks you and is in the process of leaving, you pull out a gun and kill it? And then just drive off?

WOW!

About 100 different ways that coulda/shoulda ended. I hope the moose at least broke a bone or two in the dudes arm.

Traditional >>>------->

I've been full charged by a moose before. That guy knew full well by the body language displayed that he either needed to let the moose go by, or back the eff up and go around.

Totally could have backed off. Why was the moose in the groomed trail in the first place? Because the snow was so deep it was easier to walk there. Why not give it a wide berth, back off a bit let it pass, even just park your machine and keep on being noisy, let it get off the trail ahead of you - something! But no, he kept going forward! Even after the first bluff charge he still could have backed off, but instead he advanced. This is a wild animal with a highly honed flight or fight instinct, obviously if the snow is so deep that its instinct is to fight rather than to flee, it is GOING TO FIGHT? I guarantee if that had been a bear in the trail, he would have given it plenty of space because he fears and or respects it more.

I think by the time he pushed the issue and after it attacked, yeah, he probably had no other choice, it probably was going to attack again, but there is a whole lot of room to second guess him before that.

HOOK 'EM!

Since I am frequently asked about my religion on this site and others, I have created a profile that explains my beliefs. If you are interested in finding out more about my faith, please visit the link below:

http://mormon.org/me/6RNQ/

I admit, I was not wise to the ways of moose. I am now though. If I see one from here on out I will give it all the room it wants.

The closest I've been to a moose was when I hunted Idaho. Glassing, I would see a big black burnt out stump like we have in the Redwood forests. Then I realized Idaho doesn't have any big stumps, so I knew it had to be a moose:)

Even if I screw up and the moose tries to kill me like that one did, I'm shooting. A ticket beats the alternative.

Eel

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom