Living in the Elko area

nvnative79

I put in for transfer for a job in Elko. I've always wanted to live back in eastern NV. I have family in Ely and Elko. I was just wondering what the people on this website that live out there have to say. Whats the housing market like out there? We would probably rent for awhile until we got settled in. Thanks Ryan

I don't know what the housing market is like in Elko but if it is anything like Reno and Las Vegas, I wouldn't buy anytime soon. Nevada's housing market still has a ways to go before it hits bottom. Don't believe the realators and banks. There is tons of inventory that isn't even on the market yet and tons of homes that will be foreclosed on within the next two years.

Smart move on renting for awhile. as for moving to Elko your one lucky dog. I would love to live there. but the wife says it's to cold.

Yeah I own a house down here in the Minden area but we aren't upside down in it so we'll probably rent in out unless we can find someone to buy it. BRYAN_E my wife is already packing she wants to move there so bad.

Ryan,

I think that would be a good move for you. Then you could scout all the bighorn sheep in Elko county for when I draw. :) And goats too. And big bucks.

Gold is over $1,000 dollars an ounce right now so I don't think the housing market is is low at this time. Hurry up and get here so you can go to the Big Buck contest held by the Watering Hole. Some really BIG BUCKS were killed this year and if your a muley nut then you'll want to see them. fatrooster.

4 more years and I will be heading back to Elko when I retire. Bil toki's here I come. Sure had a good time hunting lopes and visiting old friends up there this year.

nvnative,
My son just bought a house in Spring creek and of course my brother Chad, whom I think you know, he works for the same dept. as you has lived in Elko for maybe 10 years.? They both love it there. Housing is pricy compared to Fallon/Fernley though. Mining boom keeps it up.
By the way, had a fun hunt in 034. some some decent bucks but no monsters. ended up with 1 deer. 5 x 4 24 inches.

I am looking for a house here in Elko now. My wife and I are opening a new restaurant. I love it here but the cost of living is higher than the rest of america.

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p248/nv_hunter/nevadaanimatedhelmetwd2.gif[/IMG]

Abe,
Where is this new restaurant going to be located there in Elko and what type of food? By all means, let us know as I will make a stop there next time in Elko. Always looking for a good place to eat, still hard to outdue STAR HOTEL.

Brian

Oh im not trying to compete with the Star. I am opening a Sushi Bar called Kubuki Sushi near the Raleys on Mtn city hwy. Stop in and ask for me and we will take great care of you.

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p248/nv_hunter/nevadaanimatedhelmetwd2.gif[/IMG]

nv_hunter, I love sushi so I just might drop in and eat sometime when I'm up there.

So, nvnative79, whatever happened, you get the job or not?

Still haven't heard back yet. I was gone all last week sheep and elk hunting. We got a 162 ram opening day and watched a 172 ram shot by another tag holder. That area is pretty amazing. The elk hunt he didn't get a bull and I went out with the wife this morning and she almost had a shot at a nice buck but it didn't work out. Maybe I'll hear something this week.

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom