LO cow tag

txjp

I let my dad have some of my elk meat this year. Well needless to say he wants more!!

So with the new regs. his only option is a LO tag.

My question is about how much is a Unit wide LO cow tag in say 34 or somewhere in that area (closest to the house)?

Can you only get them from OF? I assume they get them from the landowner, but most landowners may find it easier to sell to a OF that deal with trying to sell all the tags to a bunch of different folks.

Where would I start looking? and do the tags have dates? never used one before or even know anyone that has.

Thanks for the help!

You can find the list of landowner tags and contact information for "Small Contributing ranches" on the NM DGF website. Those folks may not know for a couple months if they will get a tag, but often they do. You can then contact them directly. Most outfitters do not mess with cow hunts, so they should not be hard to find. Most units, cow authorizations go for $200-500 dollars, but then you still need to buy a tag.

Good luck!

LAST EDITED ON Dec-29-11 AT 10:49AM (MST)[p]If you are looking for a tag for this year most if not all LO tags expire on 12-31-11. You are looking at 3-400 for a cow tag also. After you find a tag to buy you have to pick 5 days to hunt. You have to get with the LO to see when it is a good time to go.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom