lock-tight use on a .44 rev?

stinky

I just bought a Super Blackhawk, in .44 mag, at the local pawnshop, and naturally i had to take it apart to see how it works. I successfully got it back together :) There are 5 screws that hold the lower frame/grip section to the upper part of the gun. They were all loose. Should they have lock-tight on them?

I would just tighten them up and use the gun and check to see if the screws worked loose after about 50-100 rounds. If they are still tight, no problem. If they have worked loose, use locktite or fingernail polish on the screws after you have degreased them.
The previous owner may have done the same thing you did, took gun apart, but failed to tighten the screws enought. also use the right type of locktite so you can remove the screws later if needed.

stinky, I have a super blackhawk .44 also and I think using lock-tite is a great idea. If you use anything except the lightest of loads, she'll have a screw or two loosen-up from time to time. It's just the nature of recoil and it's no big thing!!!
Enjoy you Ruger, it's a great shoot'in pistol!!! :D

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom