Locked Whitetail Pics

I

IDkTm

I finally scanned and uploaded the pics of the whitetails I found this spring, here you guys go.

059666.jpg

059664.jpg

059663.jpg

059662.jpg

059661.jpg

Dude that is sooooooooooooo freakin cool!!! I would sell my kindney to find something like that! Awesomeeeeeee!

later, MM

That is a very cool find. Those look like some nice size racks also. I guess that is a true fight to the death.

Happy trails

Ridge Runner

ditto what m_m said.

that is a once in a lifetime find. how do you plan to mount them?

one of my old neighbors found a couple of whiteys locked in a similar way last fall, but the bucks were about one year younger. those locked racks have been sitting in his shed ever since. this guy just got a new job and will be moving soon, so maybe i should ask if he would like me to save him the trouble of moving those stinky heads? ;-)

berto

Definitely once in a lifetime, that would be cool if you could preserve all of that!

WOW! Talk about a rare find.
That is awesome that you got some pictures of them locked up the way they lay before you took the racks.
Something to show and tell about in any hunting camp.
Congrats. on the great find.
Best,
Jerry

IDNate, I'm in Lewiston. I spent some time up near St. Maries working this summer, there is some awesome looking country up there. I really liked it.

I hadn't even touched the antlers at all when my cousin took the first picture of them. We were fishing when I spotted what I though was a shed on the bank. I convinced him to beach the boat and I walked over and my jaw hit the ground. You can see the lake and boat in the fourth picture. They were maybe 50 yards from the lake, maybe closer. The area gets quite a bit of hunting and fishing pressure, I was really surprised they hadn't been found. There are no chew marks on them at all. I originally was thinking of getting a pedestal mount of just the skulls done, but now I'm considering getting two capes and doing a pedestal with heads. I'll probably never find anything like this again so why not go all out? The bigger of the two scores right about 150 gross, the smaller I think is in the 120-130 class but I haven't measured him yet.

Really nice find.

I know exactly what was running through your mind when you seen those babies. We also found a locked set earlier this spring which I will also post.

I can't tell the extent to which your antlers have detioriorated but in our case, the yotes had pretty much destroyed all of the nasal passage and left chew marks on the skull and nothing on the antlers. Due to this factor and the angle at which the antlers were locked, we pretty much decided to get the skulls wrapped in velvet and leave as is... Just a thought.

That's very cool! It looks like both racks are in great shape too. Someday I'd love to find simething like this.

Hey Idnate and Idktm
My family if from st. maries and my grandpa worked for potlatch in leweston. Do you know any Allen's?

Thanks IDkTm!! That is too cool! We are lucky you had a camera for the find. Great "as found" pics!!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom