Long Range Target Practice

Buzzy

Is there anyone out there with access to practice at longer ranges in the Bay Area. Maybe Livermore, Lafayette, or ??? Looking for a place to practice and not have to drive too far. Maybe we can make some type of trade for the access. Thanks

West Petaluma has a range out to 300 yds. Not sure of the name. Closed Tues. & Wed. for law enforcement. I'm sure you can find directions on the web. $15 fee

The Circle S Ranch shooting range out west of Petaluma does not have the 300 yard range anymore....or so I was told due to someone shooting offhand and fired over the hill at 300 yd and the US Coast Guard station accross the road out there complained and had it shut down. I think it only has the 200 as the far distant.

Google Circle S Ranch at Two Rock it has more info. The owners are a..holes and do as they want but all others have to follow their rules...they are exempted.

And yes, that is the only one in this area and the only other one and a good one is up in Ukiah BUT you have to belong to the club to shoot.

Brian
http://i44.tinypic.com/es7x8z.jpg[/IMG]

Try the Sacramento Valley shooting center.They have a 300 yard range you can google them.

LAST EDITED ON Sep-06-13 AT 10:54AM (MST)[p]Buzzy, Get on out there in the hills and ask around. I never had any trouble finding places to shoot ground squirrels and we had them out to over 500 yds if we wanted to shoot that far,

If me, I'd look over in the Altimont Pass area toward Byron but depending where you live, might be places closer to you. The hardest part is in the asking. If they say no, ask if they might know who shoots in the area and then go ask them.

When growing up on the ranch, we had a range with bench set up in our front yard. We could shoot out to about 600-700 yds but we didn't have rangefinders back then so it was all guess work, a hope and a prayer. There was a ice chest sized rock out there at about 250 yds though, that i'd like to have a dollar in the bank for every shot smacked off it through the years!

Good luck, Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

We use a old rock quarry, or the dry river bed to get the long range stuff done.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Thanks everyone for your responses.

Hey Gator,
Where is the rock quarry that you are talking about?? Would it be possible to get the location you are talking about??

Thanks

LAST EDITED ON Jul-29-14 AT 10:03PM (MST)[p]Hello,
This is the first time I have posted in the forums even though I have enjoyed the forum for years. I live in San Ramon and I used to squirrel hunt in Brentwood for years until the property was sold due to a divorce. I am looking for a local area to shoot some Squirrels. I am an electrical Contractor (32 years experience) I am a Captain with San Francisco Fire Dept for 26 years now. I am responsible and very mechanically inclined. There is not much I cannot repair. I am hoping we can work something out.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Greg

a message to bobcat743

Hides, i'm from that area too. Was raised on a big cattle Ranch above Blackhawk from the Morgan territory Rd. side and hunted the heck out of that country on down to the lake off vasco rd until most of it was sold to the East Bay Regional Park.

If i were to be looking to shoot squirrels, i'd spend a half day knocking on Ranch house doors in the Altimont Pass area. My Pard and i got permission to shoot several places there in those bald hills, headed east on the north side, but i moved north and he now shoots else ware. I believe you may have to knock on several doors but permission can be gotten. Good luck

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom