Long wait buck.

hunterjmj

LAST EDITED ON Apr-20-08 AT 11:34AM (MST)[p]I had spotted this shed last year deer hunting and didn't pick him up cause I was in pursuit of a buck. I went back yesterday to pick him up and some others I had spotted last fall. On the way out about a quarter mile away I was fortunate to find the other side. Going to bring him back to life and either do a horn mount or a shoulder mount.
08shed2.jpg

08shed.jpg

Nice Buck!! But did you get the one you were after? He must have been a good one to leave those laying on the ground.

That was the antler I came back to get, but had no idea he was that nice. I did get the buck but was just an average 3 point.

LAST EDITED ON Apr-20-08 AT 04:45PM (MST)[p]Not bad sheds, or sheep either, but there is one problem here! You have a Denver Bronco on your T.V.(Travis Henry?)!!!! The broncos suck, now I don't like your sheds or sheep anymore!

I admire the dicipline you displayed in leaving that lie while you pursued your buck. My buddy has that same dicipline; I have no such dicipline...

LAST EDITED ON Apr-23-08 AT 03:24PM (MST)[p]We better get you a new Big 12 hat too! Did Tech beat OU last year?
JK Nice buck and sheep!!!

Hey JMJ, nice bones, nice sheep, but the best part of that whole picture IS the Bronco's on your TV screen!!!!

Skull Krazy
"No Bones About It"

That ticks me off cause I was watching mariners/angels and switched over to sportscenter just to see them talking about the dang broncos. At least it could have been a team I like. haha

LAST EDITED ON Apr-23-08 AT 10:35PM (MST)[p]>That ticks me off cause I
>was watching mariners/angels and switched
>over to sportscenter just to
>see them talking about the
>dang broncos. At least it
>could have been a team
>I like. haha

Ya hear that slamdunk, NO ONE LIKES THE DONKEYS!!!!!

Brooks Range sheep taken in 2002. Mine on the left and my fathers on the right. I lived in Fairbanks at the time and spent most of my money and effort preparing for that hunt the year prior. I was young and poor as hell, but I was on a mission to go sheep hunting. We spent 14 days and killed those rams 2 days before our expected flight out. Saw lots of sheep but our patience paid off with two nice sheep. That trip is forever engrained in my mind. Alaska has its way of tugging at your soul it feels at times.

Sounds like an epic adventure. Congrats to you and your dad on two great looking rams. I wish more guys could afford to go hunt dall sheep. It is an absolutely grand adventure and very fulfilling. You find yourself pushing the limits and enduring extremes and when you finally connect......the feeling is almost without equal. At least at that moment!!!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom