Longest Main Beam

YoungBuck

I saw that someone on here had a post on the longest g2. I thought it was a good idea. What is the longest main beam on any of your sheds? Mine is 27 1/2 inches long. The shed is old and cracked so im pretty sure that at one time it was bigger. Does anyone know how much sheds shrink once on the ground for about 5 or more years?
YB

YB
I dont think sheds would shrink all that much after the first year or so, just an uneducated guess.
The longest beams I have found were 25" off of a whitetail.

I killed a buck in 2000 that has 30 3/8" and 29 3/4" main beams
but I don't have any sheds over 27". Anything over 25" is above
average on a mature buck but most book bucks are 25-27. Thirty inch main beams are extremely unusual and checking the books, account for very few of the entrys. Kind of like 6 inch bases.
There are a hell of alot of bucks that are killed that supposedly have six inch bases but check the B&C books and you can see how unusual six inch bases are.

23" for me. I had the set mounted on wood, it was a 5x6. The taxidermist made a mold out of resin. BUCKSPY, that sounds like a monterous buck! What did it score? Have you posted pictures of it here? if so, where? Thanks, LIP

Some friends of mine found a set of muley sheds that have big long droopy mains and if I remember right they were like 28 or 29 inches.

I found a big 3 point in Colorado that had 29 5/8 inch MB. He was big and wide. The antler scored a bit over 74 inches.

LAST EDITED ON Jun-24-03 AT 01:43AM (MST)[p]"Doin The Sagebrush Swivel-Neck"
I too, found a large hard white three point in colorado that had a huge main beam just under 30". My best harvested deer has 26" main beams and grossed 177 5/8" P&Y, and Netted 176 2/8"
Almost sad that I killed him, as he was young and had serious B&C typical potential, and we all know how few and far apart those are anymore. He was the most symmetrical deer I had ever seen.

For muley, I think my longest is about 24-25, and I have a set of whitetails that are 25.

About the first post with the antler shrinking... They don't shrink very much at all. For the most part they loose weight more than size.

Ivan

I have a few whitetail sheds that are right at 30 and one that is 30 2/8. The biggest mulie shed is 27 inches. I have a replica of the elvis buck shed that is 30+ inches. What a monster.

I like this post and am am going to expand it to all of the measurments. Here is a list of my personal best antlers.

MB: 29 5/8, CO. 1987
G1: 6 0/8, ID. 1991
G2: 20 4/8, MT. 1999
G3: 14 2/8, MT. 1997
G4: 15 6/8, NM. 1986

H1: 7 2/8, ID. 1992
H2: 5 6/8, CO. 1988
H3: 5 6/8, MT. 1983
H4: 6 7/8, MT. 1984

NT: 22 5/8, MT. 1986

Do any of the rest of you keep these kind of records.

antlerradar

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom