Looking Around Idaho.

jarom974

Getting kinda of sick of the same ol country might look elsewhere this year. Had had a good season last year so having a hard time with wanting to look elsewhere but been wanting a Change for a few years. I've been considering getting crazy for a good high country muley and hunting Idaho Wyoming border above palisades arround indian creek, sheep creek, or rven closer to alpine. Any ideas, thoughts or suggestions?

Also wanna check out the across the resevior up forwards pokers peak. Went up there last year saw more bears than elk or deer but the country looked good. Any info would be great positive or negative.

Thanks in advance guys.

I'll trade you. I'll hunt where you're having success and you can hunt unit 34 where the deer are sparse, the bucks nocturnal and the big bucks .... well, good luck.

Did I mention that its steep and brushy?

The reasons I am considering hunting elswhere is because the spots I hunt are a buddies and his dads hunting spots. My family didnt grow up hunting. I want to take some of my bro in laws hunting and I want to respect the wishes and ethics of not taking people to others spots. Pretty stand up thing to do if ya ask me.

I would on the other hand be open to Giving some of my predator hunting hot spots because I have a few that I've found on my own. I would even be open to take some anyone out who would like to go. I enjoy the calling as much as the shooting.

If you just want to go on a good hike then sure go try the palisades but the deer herds have been descimated up there. I would suggest you look at other places in the southeast corner, better luck in these if you ask me.

Sit tall in the saddle, hold your head up high, keep your eyes fixed to where the trail meets the sky...

Thats kinda what I've heard overall but after seeing several big bucks come out of the late season draw hunt in Tex creek area I thought that those bucks had to of been holed up there somewheres around there. Thanks for your help.

Possibly but they could also be holed up anywhere in region H also....

Sit tall in the saddle, hold your head up high, keep your eyes fixed to where the trail meets the sky...

i have hunted the general bull elk hunt in 66 for the past 5 years. most people call it the 7 day war. lots of people. our group always comes home with elk. the biggest was a nice 5*5. we dont see much for deer but theres always some small 2 points to shoot if ya want. pm me for some more info i am going to be up there again this year and will be hunting deer around sheep creek.

If I am not mistaken Tex creek only has 10 late season tags, so of for the amount of time they can hunt and less pressure it should be better. I would try Idaho Nevada border or northern Idaho for whitey's.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom