looking for a good digital camera

88man

looking for a good light smaller digital camera that is water proof to use for hunting pictures in the field. Under $400. I would like something that also zooms in good on the long photos. I know nothing about cameras. Please help.

I have an Olympus 850SW, it is water and shock proof. Small enough to fit in jean pockets. It is 8 megapixel. Great little camera that will take a beating while hunting.

Littlejoe is right
Great camera. at 10' waterproofing and the ability to drop from 5' it is the perfect camera for the outdoorsman. 8 MP is enough to take the sharpest photos and the le3ns is tack sharp.
Happy to help with any questions

Joel Paymer
Camera Land
575 Lexington Ave
New York, NY 10022
212-753-5128
www.cameralandny.com

It only has 3x optic zoom, so how well is it going to do at distant pics? I like the looks of the Stylus 1020, but would have to give up the waterproof portion. What do you say Joel? Thanks and sorry for the hijack-take over.

Check out a Panasonic FZ18. Great cam with 8 MP and 18 X optical zoom and if you reduce the MP to 5 or less, you can get a 28.7 X optical zoom from it. Very small and compact for all it can do. Also has video mode and it works great. About 300 bucks or less.

Rob

1020 is an awesome camera. Best in the Stylus line. No weatherproof. The 7x zoom is great and it fits in a pocket.
The FZ18 is done. New model is the FZ28. 10 Mp and same great zoom. More money though. Much bigger camera and also not weatherproof

Joel Paymer
Camera Land
575 Lexington Ave
New York, NY 10022
212-753-5128
www.cameralandny.com

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom