Looking for advice/second opinions

Bayman3299

I’m an idaho native. I’ve been looking at units 44 and 45 for deer and units 45 and 52 for elk. Very low draw odds but are these units worth the patience? I’m no stranger to hiking in far away from the roads and I’ve hunted the desert all my life. I’ve heard stories about these units and it makes me want it even more.

45 to me isn't worth it.not that there isn't great animals in there ( i coyote hunt it a lot) but its just so much private that it's hard to justify burning the chance at drawing. 44 is a different story,better deer then elk but i wouldnt turn down either tag. you draw 52 for elk quit your job

45 to me isn't worth it.not that there isn't great animals in there ( i coyote hunt it a lot) but its just so much private that it's hard to justify burning the chance at drawing. 44 is a different story,better deer then elk but i wouldnt turn down either tag. you draw 52 for elk quit your job
Is 52 that good? I’ve heard good and bad things.

45 largely living off the reputation it had decades ago. At one time it was as good as anywhere you could name. Not anymore.

Is 52 that good? I’ve heard good and bad things.
My mistake. I had 54 on my mind. I agree with the above on 45 though. It’s still a really fun place to hunt but for me that’s just coyotes. I see lots of good critters in there that would be really frustrating to see with a tag in my pocket on the other side of a fence

If you get early weather then 45 is best. Those deer are highly migratory and move into the desert country with first big snowstorm of the year. If you get up into the high country in 44 some good bucks up there and some good white tails in 44 on private mostly.

I drew elk in 45 a couple times & had a couple of good hunts. But, there is a lot of private in there & it can be frustrating for sure. If you draw that, use your OnX & give me a jingle. I'll tell you what I know.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom