looking for guide

armybrat

I am looking for a guide that does bear hunts off of a boat. I have seen them on the hunting channel where you fish during the day and glass up the shore for bears. That would be my first option second would be a semi-guided hunt in Montana, or Idaho. Maybe someone that knows the area really well and has put the bait out but the lodging and food are up to us. I went on a montana DIY hunt this year and had a blast but I thought it would really fun to go on a guided bear hunt. Any suggestion would be great

Are you looking at Alaska black bear?

I went on an transport hunt in AK last year and it was awesome. We were on a large 60' halibut boat where the crew could NOT point out bears on the hillsides or judge size or help us hunt in any way.

We glassed from the cabin as we cruised along the shoreline and whenever we saw a bear we wanted to get a closer look at we just buzz the skipper to stop the boat and the first mate launches the skiff and drives us off on a beach assault. It was lots of fun.

We went mid May and bears were everwhere! You don't need a guide to hunt black bears like that and it was much cheaper than a fully guided hunt ($400 to $500 per day for 5 days). Needless to say, guides in AK don't care for transporters.

We also fished when we got tired of bear hunting the crew took care of our every need when fishing. The skipper was an AMAZING cook and the rooms were comfy with showers.

All three in our group tagged out.

I highly recommend it!

Oakbuck

Try contacting Steve West at http://www.steveshunts.com/ he is a guide in Oregon and Alaska he is also a booking agent I have booked hunts through him before.

THE LORD IS MY ROCK
COLORADO,USA
NRA LIFE MEMBER
HUNTING PASS IT ON

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom