Looking for Leupold Spotter

Bambistew

Very Active Member
Anyone have one of the older Leupold Fixed 25x or 30x scopes they don't use anymore or know someone that has one? I'd perfer not to use fleaBay if at all possible. I have a couple high country hunts coming up this fall and want to cut down on the pack weight as much as possible.

I would perfer the 30x60mm but could easily be talked into the 25x50mm

Thanks.

PM or email [email protected]

Thanks

They are Gold Ring. They just don't make them anymore. The reason I want one is because they weigh half as much as the 15-40 scope.

Have you looked at the new gold ring 15-30x scopes? I have one of these. It is a more user-friendly scope than the ones you are talking about. I had one in the past. The 15-30 weighs 21.5 oz and is a good amount smaller than the 30x you are talking about. Sounds like they might fit the bill for what you are looking for.

Shane

Thanks. How does the image and light gathering compare between the compact 50mm and the older 60mm?

More user friendly? How much user friendly could it get with one focus knob on the fixed scope? LOL

I've heard good things about the new compact scopes too.

I find my new Leupold to be crisper than the old one. As far as light gathering---I really can't remember. I had another scope in between the two, so I didn't really compare them side by side. I am pretty impressed with the scope for the price range. I thought the nikon 50mm compact scope was a little better, but it is also almost twice the retail price. Best of luck with whatever you decide.

By the way, by user friendly, I meant that I found the old model with the adjustment right at the objective very difficult to adjust while remaining focused on the subject because it was very tight. Also, the eye relief is much better for me on the new scope. I don't know any of the #'s, I just know it works a helluva lot easier for me.

Sent you a PM about my old 25x50s. My son wants me to keep them,so he can use my new swaro sts 80 I guess. He's a big boy now and he can buy his own. I've got so much gear now that I can not fit it in the back of a pickup much less pack it in. I just checked and there are two different 30x60s that appear to be in good shape on flea bay. They are both up to about $250 now with a day left. As I said in the pm the 25x50s pack great but just do not reach out far enough. I have enjoyed mine as they will fit in a fanny pack. The 30x60s may suit you better. Good luck.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom