Looking for recos

hntbambi

If you could book with any outfitter for next year for trophy elk, who would it be? Looking for 350 class or bigger elk on private land. I looked at Mescalero res, but their 2014 average from the three hunts is no where near the 340" they claim. So, what outfitter and/or what ranch and why?

Plenty of "350 bulls here in n.m. Harvesting one depends on the amount of effort you are willing to put into the task. A majority of today's hunters see a "300 inch bull and call it a "350. If I was looking for an honest outfitter who knows what a true "350 looks like on the hoof and knows where to find them I would be contacting Tom Klumpker with San Francisco river outfitters that's your guy.

Thanks for the kind words BUGLEnmIN.

We took 9 bulls on our hunts in the Gila this year scoring over 350 including three 380's and one 406, two 365's and two 350's. One doesn't need private ranches in NM when we have such great hunting on public land here in the Gila. You need to be in good to excellent shape to hunt where we hunt.

Oh and by the way the two big boys we were after got away again, with both of them in the 420-440 range, one being a non typical and one a straight six.

Thanks guys.

Stoney, you forgot one main ingredient to the equation, you need to draw a tag. I am taking that variable out of the equation by going private land. The hills get steeper every year and I am not getting younger.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom