Looking for the best elk unit for 2008

W

Watson

Ive been hunting unit 86 and never had any luck in it. IM just looking for an elk unit that ill harvest a bull in 2008. I just came back from my bull elk hunt and didnt even see one elk.

Watson

No elk is a guarentee bud. I'd try the northwest corner of state elk numbers are high and tags are easy to come by.

If you want to see Elk on "public land", you need to hunt out of state!

At least thats the conclusion I've come too.

>If you want to see Elk
>on "public land", you need
>to hunt out of state!
>
>
>At least thats the conclusion I've
>come too.

COhunter, You aren't serious are you?

Watson- what type of hunter are you? do you do any scouting prior to season, or do you show up the day before and drive the roads for 5 days. If you do walk do you go farther than staying in sight of your truck?

You have all heard that saying where 10% of the hunters shoot 90% of the elk. It's because they work for them year in and year out.
I am confident enough to say that I could find elk to shoot in any zone in CO with public land. That isn't because I have a big head, it's just I bust my ass off scouting and hunting. Hard work can make up for a lack of knowledge. The time to start scouting is 365 days a year!

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

>>If you want to see Elk
>>on "public land", you need
>>to hunt out of state!
>>
>>
>>At least thats the conclusion I've
>>come too.
>
>COhunter, You aren't serious are you?
>
>
>Watson- what type of hunter are
>you? do you do any
>scouting prior to season, or
>do you show up the
>day before and drive the
>roads for 5 days. If
>you do walk do you
>go farther than staying in
>sight of your truck?
>
>You have all heard that saying
>where 10% of the hunters
>shoot 90% of the elk.
>It's because they work for
>them year in and year
>out.
> I am confident enough to
>say that I could find
>elk to shoot in any
>zone in CO with public
>land. That isn't because I
>have a big head, it's
>just I bust my ass
>off scouting and hunting. Hard
>work can make up for
>a lack of knowledge. The
>time to start scouting is
>365 days a year!
>
>Mntman
>
>"Hunting is where you prove yourself"
>

Well said if you want to kill elk year in and year out you have got to put the work in not just show up the day before season and hope for the best.

Thanks i think ill keep on trying unit 86 sooner or later ill get a bull.

Watson

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom