looking for the S.O.B. that has my back frame

C

calgaryflames

LAST EDITED ON May-13-08 AT 09:56PM (MST)[p]hunted in unit 39 in the arrow rock area that I generously loaned my pack frame too when they needed it to get an elk out on opening day, and then they never brought back!!!!!!!! Maybe his name was Ben, and has a landscape business in boise!!! His brother is in the guard and his buddy was from western Idaho.. He was riding a honda ATV!! and also is or was driving a white ford truck with landscape or lawn mowing sign in back window?
Any help would be greatly apperciated!!! All I was trying to do was help my fellow hunter!!!!!!!!!! I JUST WANT IT BACK!!!!!!!
I have a little more info on him if anyone was in the general area that might have seen or know him... PLEASE ANY INFO WILL HELP!!! P.M. me you don't want to give out any info of your area!!!!

Calgaryflames,

I am in the landscape business in the boise area. I will put out the word to some of my suppliers and see what comes up. Sucks to see you get screwed for helping a guy out. KARMA.

htnfool,

finally posting instead of reading!

i have to admit i thought of you, white truck, landscape busness, but then thought, nope you dont hunt there for elk!....and you shoot them by the roads anyway...

travis

LAST EDITED ON May-14-08 AT 04:23PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON May-14-08 AT 04:23?PM (MST)

Thankyou htnfool any help would be great!!!!

Bud

I have tried everything else and this is my last choice axcept going up there this season... DOES IT REALLY MATTER how long I've tried to get my pack back???? I think what matter's is that I put myself out there to hepl someone I met on the trail and got F@#%*ed!!! I'M JUST A LITTLE PISSED OFF!!!!!!!

BUD

Orion23,

You know I only drag em down hill. Yea, It took a while to get me on here. I couldn't get the pass word to work, so I finally got a new one. Now I probably can't get off this Mule Deer crack. I do love an addiction...

Scott

Let a guy borrow mine a couple of years back, two days later it was leaning against my tent with a bottle of crown tied to it.
Hope you get yours back & hope the landscaper runs head first into some frountier justice.

I loaned mine out on a caribou hunt, as I was the only one in camp with one. When they brought it back I was told it wasn't a good one and the two main buckles were gone. Two days later I packed my bull out with no buckles. Tools and packs aren't for loaning. I feel your pain.

Didnt mean anything except was asking.
If you know it was a landscaping business and know there names try googling landscapers in boise and calling them.
But might just have to write it off and get another one.
It bites but people wonder why other people dont want to help anymore. Because there is alway idiots that do this crap.

And I've been pulled out of a tight spot a time or two and will always do the same, even if I'm gonna be late for a kids birthday or whatever.

Most help I ever got was a guy loaning me his spare tire just north of Eureka, Nv. I returned it to his business in Reno. Not sure the most help I've been, you'd have to ask a lot of folks to make that decision.

Don't stop helping just cause one a-hole screwed someone.

I haven't heard much from anybody on this site. I guess I'll just have to go back up this year in the same area and get WESTERN ON HIS ASS!! Sad isn't it!!!!! I do know that he has used llama's in this area and he hunts off of cottonwood look out. ANY HELP COULD GET A REWARD!!

Still workin on it! No good leads yet. If you need a spotter for the WESTERN THING! Count me in. Hate to see a fellow hunter take the shirt of his back and get pissed on.

BUGLELK IS MY HERO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
He helped me find my pack frame!!
I knew this world is too small.. everyone knows everyone some way some how... THIS SITE RULES!!!!!!!!!
AND BY THE WAY HIS EXCUSE WILL WORK FOR ME!

THANK YOU BUGLELK, YOU ARE A STUD!!!!
I will take you hunting whitetail any time!!!!!!!!!!

ditto, on that.....lets hear the story. Its cool you got your pack back,though.

477ae34e5b284072.jpg

YOU THE MAN CORY!! Now you have some CARMA points to spend on you elk hunt this fall.
Brian

Brian,

I'll take anything I can get! Shoot me and e-mail or give me a call...I lost your cell #.

Corey

[email protected]

P.S. Bud, I got your voice message. I'm glad you were able to get reunited with your pack frame! I'll give you a call tomorrow...

LAST EDITED ON May-31-08 AT 01:26AM (MST)[p]OK...OK Here is the story....
Opening day of Elk season, we were racing down the trail, we ended up having 3 other guys keeping up with us when we finally stopped and discussed which way we would all go (tried to work together). This actually worked, all of us getting on the same radio channel and not hunting on each other. Well, to say the least I missed a couple "BULL FEVER" and by the end of the day we were with none. The next afternoon the boys that we had met the day before had drove to our camp and told us that they had a spike down. But, it was at the bottom and they were camped up top. They had questioned if it was easier to go to the bottom or hike back up. Of course being 8 hours straight to the bottom, it would be easier for them from where they got their spike to hike back up (elk being a 1/4 of the way down the mountain) they all being used to using llamas showed up this year without any llamas let alone without any pack frames. So generously I loaned my pack frame. They had offered their GPS for trade but after the day before being a fellow hunter I felt comfortable. Knowing his name and knowing where his camp was located I was at ease. The story goes that they would bring my pack back in two days if we had not retrieved it within the next day. Five days later their camp was gone. So, as you can see, I have gone through hell to get a piece of equipment back, but, I still HAVE FAITH in all of us true sportsman!! I will not change my attitude in us... I will still give the shirt off of my back to help any of us in the field.
THIS SITE RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"THIS WORLD IS TO SMALL FOR US TO NOT KNOW EVERYONE"

YOUR FELLOW SPORTSMAN

BUD

I think what people are wondering is why the pack frame wasnt returned before they packed up camp and left.
ismith

45f82e4d30de4f30.jpg

LAST EDITED ON May-31-08 AT 12:16PM (MST)[p] ME TOO!! HE SAID THEY JUST NEVER GOT A CHANCE TO GO BACK DOWN WHERE WE WE CAMPED.. PRETTY LAIM EXCUSE AA!!

Wow, I am glad you got it. I am sure they were a bit surprised that you found them? Best of luck in the upcoming season!!!

The fool...

Those are some really good questions... I am wondering if he was asked those questions when he got his pack returned?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom