Looks kind'a promising

runamuk

Very Active Member
NEWS UPDATES:
Updated: March 24th, 2009 4:01 PM Email This Story

F&G approves hunt on Sawtooth wolves

Stanley area wolves could be hunted from September to March

By :JASON KAUFFMAN

Gray wolves occupying the Sawtooth Valley will be hunted for a full seven months under rules approved today by the Idaho Fish and Game Commission in Boise.

The Sawtooth hunt, scheduled to run from Sept. 1 through March 31, is part of a statewide set of rules the Fish and Game commission approved for the wolf season anticipated to begin this fall, a news release from the Idaho Department of Fish and Game states. For the statewide wolf hunt to happen, wolves in Idaho will need to be removed from the federal Endangered Species List, which is expected to officially take place later this spring.

The Sawtooth wolf zone covers Idaho big game units 33, 34, 35, 36 and 39, a large area stretching from Boise to Stanley. The area takes in the Boise, Sawtooth and White Cloud mountain ranges and runs all the way to the north side of Galena Summit. Wolves in the Lolo wolf zone in north-central Idaho will also be hunted from Sept. 1 through March 31.

Elsewhere in the state, wolf hunting seasons will run from Sept. 15 to Dec. 31 in the Selway and Middle Fork wolf zones in the remote central part of Idaho.

Across the remainder of the state, including the Wood River Valley, wolf hunting will run from Oct. 1 through Dec. 31 under the rules approved today. Commissioners will set statewide wolf harvest levels in August.

It should be year round across the state, and allowed to hunt from motorized units. At this point I'll take anything though. If all the wolves were killed off, it would take years to return to the numbers the elk were before.

i agree. lets just get through 1 wolf hunting season before we start pushing for more. show them that we can control them without wiping them out and then hopefully they will never be listed again. a step in the right direction for sure.

Travis
www.RidgelineOutdoors.com
Blacks-Creek Packs Dealer

The hunts should start NOW. We know the other side will mount a fight, lets see what their fight is going to be NOW, and not later messing up the fall season. If we wait I will bet that a lawsuit is filed and the fall season will be put on hold.
On the other hand if some people from sun valley start getting eaten I guess that would help our cause. Ron

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom