'Lope hunt areas with 2pp...

6ppc

Still studying hunt areas that are possible draws with 2pp in the regular draw for a nr. I've been at it for two nights and the possibilities look pretty slim for areas with lots of public land access. Would appreciate any suggestions/possibilities as I will put in tomorrow early afternoon.

Many thanks

LAST EDITED ON Mar-14-13 AT 06:46PM (MST)[p]27 will get er done for ya! If you can do it tonight or tomorrow morning, it would be better since you never know when the G&F website will crap out and screw you up.

Cough up a couple hundred more bucks and go in the special draw. You'll have a lot of options.

TG I believe you hunt around area 115 and that was the one area I thought I had a chance at. Believe it has considerable public land and fair numbers of 'lopes.

Don't know anything about area 27 and don't have maps of that area handy...does it have a good amount of public access?

Thanks again

LAST EDITED ON Mar-14-13 AT 09:21PM (MST)[p]Antelope are way down in 115 with fewer and fewer tags being issued because of the continued drought. Most have migrated out of the unit over to the far west side of unit 114 in the BigHorn River Basin around Worland on private irrigated land. 114 takes close to max PPs and 115 took us 2.5 to draw last year. I suggested 27 because there is a lot of public land with a good number of antelope. I hunted the south end of it in 2010 and saw some decent numbers and a number of good bucks in the area on your map that is labeled as the Red Hills just south of Antelope Creek. If you have 2PPs and want to hunt for sure this year on a first choice tag in the regular draw, that is the unit I'd put in for and where I would go in the unit.

Until circumstances forced a change in my plans, I was planning on 32 for my first choice with 2 points. Might be worth a look for you.

Limited access is way over rated. You also have almost 3 months to change your app. Apply for something, attach a cpl doe apps, then come back and change it after the tag numbers come out next week and you've had some time digesting it.

Top Gun thanks for your suggestion...put in for area 27 as first choice this mornin. I'll keep you posted on how the hunt went. Will be shooting pd's around Buffalo this June and will take a run over to look the area over.

Hey, if you have $525 and another $60 in PPs just for a license and stamp to hunt one of those little suckers more power to you! I'm really surprised at how many guys pay the reguklar price and then shoot a little buck with 10"-12" horns when you could buy 4 doe tags and still come out ahead compared to a buck license. It seems like for that kind of money people would want to go after an 80" or better one, but whatever floats your boat I guess and the G&F sure needs the money!

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom