Lost Black Lab near Williams, AZ

AZBuckSnort

Very Active Member
My dad's female black Labrador Retriever ran off from his camp in a heavy monsoon storm near Williams, AZ on July 6th of the Independence Day holiday weekend. He was camped off a forest service road just west and north of McDougal Flat in GMU 8, accessed off the western most Garland prairie Road from I-40.

He has searched for her for 13 days straight with no luck. He has posted signs throughout Williams and has contacted all the city and county shelters and governmental agencies. He finally had to come home to Bullhead City today due to a medical issue. He's in his 70's and is super bummed over his lost dog. He traveled to Phoenix to view a dog that resembled his lost dog but it was not her. We have a notice posted on Craigslist and on a few other "lost pet" related sites.

I realize it's a big forest, and any of a number of calamities could have befallen her. That said, there were also lots of folks camping throughout the area and it is hard to imagine no one saw a thing. The dog had a quality collar attached with a solid buckle and all appropriate BHC licenses & tags as well as a name plate with my dad's contact info. If you know of anyone popping up with a classic looking, old-school style, close-coupled female black Lab that didn't have one prior to July 6th, he would really appreciate a head's up. The dog is very friendly, like most Labs, and would not be startled or unapproachable by a stranger.

Thanks,

Jim & Bob Rich
BHC, AZ
928-758-5204
928-444-3397
[email protected]

Try posting this on a site called coueswhitetail.com
Lots of guys from the flagstaff Williams area that might know something or may have seen something.

Thanks bonecollector,
I've been on coueswhitetail for many years and have a similar post in their Lost & Found Forum running now. Thanks again for the thought though. I am hoping some hunting party can help us get resolution with this sad matter one way or another.
Thanks,
Jim

Hi Jim,
I don't have anything to offer but a story to keep hope going.

My yellow lab "Lefty" had wondered off into the woods during the 4th of July weekend some years ago. We posted signs and contacted the Forest Service and low and behold, seven days later he walked into a campground for food and we got the call to go pick him up!!

Another story-

My Grandpa had his dog "Boots" riding in the back of his truck on the way to the rim from the desert and noticed she was gone when he filled up in Payson. Almost one month later, he got a call from a guy in Maricopa telling him that he had found her alive, still wearing her collar.

Both events were pre cellphone and internet so your odds are much better!

Thanks for the encouraging words. That is why we are going to keep refreshing the story and keep awareness up. The dog is somewhere, we are hopeful of being reunited.
Jim

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom